This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best WW2 shooters/games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Best WW2 shooters/games

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
3 months ago#1
I have been playing through Medal of Honor Vanguard and was missing this genre since the GCN days. They certainly made more on GCN and it makes since bc of the Wiis motion control. Regardless any other good ones? I prefer a solid campaign to multiplayer...
Forget mirror, Yeta No. Look into eyes of Yeto. Look in reflection of Yetos eyes.. There true beauty! Who need mirror?

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
2 months ago#2
If you liked Vanguard, I think Medal of Honor Heroes 2 will be of your liking as well. Call of Duty World at War also has a good campaign, both games should be cheap and easy to find now that their online capabilities are gone. Neither include local multiplayer, but you said you preferred the campaign so I imagine that's not a big deal.

(I have Brothers in Arms Double Time but I have yet to play it, so I can't give an opinion yet).

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
2 months ago#3
MawiocUdwoc posted...
If you liked Vanguard, I think Medal of Honor Heroes 2 will be of your liking as well. Call of Duty World at War also has a good campaign, both games should be cheap and easy to find now that their online capabilities are gone. Neither include local multiplayer, but you said you preferred the campaign so I imagine that's not a big deal.

(I have Brothers in Arms Double Time but I have yet to play it, so I can't give an opinion yet).

I was curious about BiA. Bc that comes as a double pack. Vanguard has a local multi which I prefer over online (i guess im old fashioned like that haha). Lmk how BiA is if you get a chance. Most youtube vids are too dark to really tell the quality of gameplay)
Forget mirror, Yeta No. Look into eyes of Yeto. Look in reflection of Yetos eyes.. There true beauty! Who need mirror?

User Info: este914

este914
2 months ago#4
PS2 has many more but I was going to say CoD W@W also

Also try: Call of Duty 3 and even though GoldenEye 007 is not a WW2 game don't rule it out, the campaign is fun for a playthrough.
--
-

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
2 months ago#5
Today I tried one of the Brothers in Arms games, being the first time I play a game from this franchise.

So far the one thing that puts it above Medal of Honor is the characters (at least on the MoH games I've played they're not developed at all, and when they're killed off or left behind is like they never existed), they're given names, personalities and it doesn't feel like a one-man-army anymore, with the occasional decoys.

That said, it does have a few problems with the controllers and the frame-rate drops, but I'm used to the latter for games like Quantum of Solace. The AI isn't that great but I feel they're more helpful in here than in MoH, or even CoD (WaW), where I seem to be the only one killing enemies.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Best WW2 shooters/games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived