Is there any way to extract the music?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Is there any way to extract the music?

User Info: Nenina

Nenina
9 years ago#1
I love M2TW's battle music. I want to find them so I can copy some over to the music folders of another game, but all the M2TW music seems to be compressed into a 287,246 kb .dat file.

Would there be utility that could extract and convert it?

User Info: Nenina

Nenina
9 years ago#2
I guess I'm talking to myself in my own topic, but I found out how to extract the music. You need:

Total Commander 7.02a
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/totalcmd.html

and Game Archive UnPacker 0.5.0.8 PRO plug-in for Total Commander
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/gaup.html

It's a little tricky, but if you have some know-how and follow the instructions then you can unpack all of M2TW's music - they are already in MP3 format! Now I can use the music in another game XD

User Info: jepaan

jepaan
9 years ago#3
or you can just use the official unpacker.
-

User Info: Lucklarin

Lucklarin
9 years ago#4
Where does one get this official unpacker? All I found on the Total War website was an animation/model exporter.
"Destroy Satan for bonus points and extra lives!"

User Info: SpecialCookies

SpecialCookies
9 years ago#5
After you've patched it open your M2TW root folder, then open a folder named tools, open the unpacker and double-click unpack_all.
"The Internet is one thing. Gamefaqs is another." - Macho Takaka
- - - --- I touch my elbow. ^_^ --- - - -

User Info: Lucklarin

Lucklarin
9 years ago#6
Oh geez, I don't think I ever patched. That'd explain a few things, thanks chief.
"Destroy Satan for bonus points and extra lives!"

User Info: Liandro

Liandro
9 years ago#7
I just did this, but where's the music, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not very experienced in dealing with these kinds of things.
"FFX, the best goddamn FF of them all."

User Info: ng1294

ng1294
9 years ago#8
Or you could have boughten it at wal mart and gottten the limited edition pack with the soundtrack. I'd send it to you if I knew who the hell you were because I don't listen to video game music

User Info: Liandro

Liandro
9 years ago#9
Ok, so the CD is out, and I've still no idea how to do this. Any help with this? Thanks in advance.
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Is there any way to extract the music?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived