Invalid CD key trying to get online?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Invalid CD key trying to get online?

User Info: Leadsails

Leadsails
9 years ago#1
ok i got an invalid CD key warning when i tryed to log online how do i fix this?

User Info: jedisage11

jedisage11
9 years ago#2
I got the same message too... SU*KS!

User Info: RedDanDoc

RedDanDoc
9 years ago#3
all the zero's in your cd key are Naughts. this O not this 0.

User Info: Leadsails

Leadsails
9 years ago#4
ok i reinstalled typed the cd key in with capitals downloaded patches now when i log in online it says connection lost.... try again failed to log on. my connection is fine i can play rome total war online

User Info: sandstig

sandstig
9 years ago#5

Leadsails, if you're using the Gold Edition, are you able to log-on when you use Americas, Brittania, Crusades or Teutonic?

On Vista (32-bit), I'm able to log-in with those four so long as I have "Medieval 2 Total War: Kingdoms" (kingdoms.exe) allowed in Windows Firewall. No such luck with regular Medieval 2 however, even with "Medieval 2: Total War" (medieval2.exe) enabled. I had to disable the firewall temporarily in order to connect. I've tried enabling all the ports listed on a thread on the official forums so that I wouldn't turn off the whole firewall, but so far the only thing that seems to have worked is killing Windows Firewall.

User Info: sandstig

sandstig
9 years ago#6
Since I can't edit my message, I'd just like to add that disabling your software firewall isn't an option I'd recommend unless you're sitting behind a physical router or firewall. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Invalid CD key trying to get online?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived