Press the sacred crest against the sea chart??? WHAT???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  3. Press the sacred crest against the sea chart??? WHAT???

User Info: DS-Crazy

DS-Crazy
9 years ago#1

...as much as I hate to admit it, I am completely and fully and entirely... stumped O_O

I just cleared the sixth floor of the sea god temple or whatever, i have 2 faeries and I am in a small room with a huge sun shaped.. rock. the upper screen shows an inverted image of the southwest region of the ocean map, and has this weird green circle-symbol-thing. Its telling me to press the sacred crest against the sea chart to transfer it. I just discovered in the last room that the 'sacred crest' is an hourglass shape. But nothing happens on the stone image or on the sea chart when i touch, tap, scribble, press buttons... and ceila wont let me leave. what the heck do I do??

but if it IS really simple, or even if its not, PPLEASE dont just give it away bluntly and be like "ugh youre so stupid all you have to do is blah blah blah". maybe you can just give me a hint to point me in the right direction? If theres one thing i hate, it's being defeated by a puzzle. especially a zelda puzzle. Thanks all =]

User Info: coolperson1

coolperson1
9 years ago#2
Try leaving putting your ds in sleep mode and think about it
Brawl FC: 5069-5319-0469

DS-Crazy
9 years ago#3

gah its driving me insane u_u;;

I did find a drawing of the same sun-shape on one of the little islands in the southwestern part of the sea chart... I must have made a note to myself for future referance. but what the heck does it mean -_- (does this have anything to do with anything??)

User Info: thoul

thoul
9 years ago#4
Seriously, put the DS in sleep mode and come back to it in a minute or so. You'll know the answer then. This stumps a lot of people (including me the first time), but just do what we're saying and you'll understand.
Phantasy Star - Message Board, Downloads, Info, & More - http://www.psalgo.com/

DS-Crazy
9 years ago#5

OHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA

i got it xP

LOL I feel so stupid now XD Whooo how incredibly clever.

User Info: secretmissond

secretmissond
9 years ago#6
This part was the moment when I realized just how awesome a game this was.
This is my sig...
Yep. Pretty cool, huh?

User Info: Bler

Bler
9 years ago#7
That's one of the few things that greatly irritated me - GREAT idea, AWFUL implementation.

I could've written a much better hint that would have made a the player 'get' how to do it.

I wonder if anyone in the world actually figured it out on their own or if everyone accidentally got it after being fed up and closing it or using a guide?

User Info: The_Real_Gaara

The_Real_Gaara
9 years ago#8
Sacred chest is on top screen, sea chart is on bottom screen, try to push them together some how. :D
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 4425-1372-0660
AC: WW - FC: 1332 5201 2276 Ito@Nikomi

User Info: The_Real_Gaara

The_Real_Gaara
9 years ago#9
I think after thinking of everything, I closed my DS and thought of ideas to save battery, and when I opened my DS it was the biggest "Duh..." moment I ever had in Zelda games. xD
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 4425-1372-0660
AC: WW - FC: 1332 5201 2276 Ito@Nikomi

DS-Crazy
9 years ago#10

hahaha I actually 'got it' before checking back here, I had closed and reopened my DS several times to conserve battery while pondering, but the last time I had just happened to close it while having the map open. then when I reopened the DS It said I had solved it and I was like what the heck?? But then I checked back here and read thoul's post, that's really what made it click. and then I was like OHHHH d'oh x)

it's funny because it's so incredibly obvious, but it's such an unexpected concept to be applied in a VIDEO GAME that this form of logic never even crosses your mind xP that is absolutely genius.

1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  3. Press the sacred crest against the sea chart??? WHAT???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived