Leveling as a Templar with a greatsword?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Aion
  3. Leveling as a Templar with a greatsword?

User Info: FrozenFlame41

FrozenFlame41
8 years ago#1
So I got my temp to level 16. Leveling is kind of painfully slow as a Templar. I mean I utilize all my shield abilities. I tend to use my first chain skill, the weakening strike, then I put up Shield Defense to get a proc for my two shield counter abilities (And if I press them at the same time, both will go off one after another without needing two blocks). But it was still painfully slow.

At 16, I got a few more offensive attacks, and it's better, but I'm considering using a greatsword. After all, my plate armor and high health pool makes monster attacks pretty much negligible. Before I couldn't use a greatsword because I relied on my shield counter abilities for damage. Now with two more offensive abilities, it seems I could kill a lot faster with a greatsword.

Thoughts?
Why don't hot girls take morning classes in College? -SomeGuyUO
They are too tired from having sex all night with people who aren't you. -dwadeisback

User Info: pokesmashmaster

pokesmashmaster
8 years ago#2
From what i hear/have experienced in the CN trial, you shouldn't be using a shield and should be using a polearm or greatsword.
F this ramen! F for FANTASTIC!
The Prince, The World Ends With You

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
8 years ago#3
Templar's use greatsword's only as a 2hander...most player's use a 2hander from what i've read to kill faster, yet after 20 I think it's sword and board unless the templar team's up with a chanter then they just use the 2hander.
I might say "god damn" alot but I know the Lord know's that I don't mean it that way!

User Info: TheWarhammeronl

TheWarhammeronl
8 years ago#4
i actually started using a 2 hander on my 12 templar, and i hardly noticed a difference, all my skills that hit like 110, where hitting like 125...i mean not that big of a difference, and you lose your two hard hitting shield moves, i recommend not
"You're opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher

User Info: LeVulcan

LeVulcan
8 years ago#5
Switch off between the two, have two weapon sets. That's what I did too, once I hit Lv. 17 in CN client. Used Greatswords for enemies I knew I could kill, then Mace + Shield against those who gave a challenge.
XBL GT: Gravimite
I will kill you until you die from it!

User Info: Sighto

Sighto
8 years ago#6
You're not leveling alone, are ya?
This is it so get this game and get your trigger on.
This is my catch fraise - BlazBlue review

User Info: FrozenFlame41

FrozenFlame41
8 years ago#7

i actually started using a 2 hander on my 12 templar, and i hardly noticed a difference, all my skills that hit like 110, where hitting like 125...i mean not that big of a difference, and you lose your two hard hitting shield moves, i recommend not

Because at your level, you only have 3 abilities you could use with the two hander. Try back at 16 when you get a few more offensive abilities, not shield based abilities. I already said in my original post before 16, shield was better due to my two shield counter abilities.
Why don't hot girls take morning classes in College? -SomeGuyUO
They are too tired from having sex all night with people who aren't you. -dwadeisback

User Info: omfgidk756

omfgidk756
8 years ago#8
I really dont have too much trouble soloing with my Templar, i just now got a 2h weapon and idk if its because i used sword and shield for so long or not but i take way more damage with the 2h than the shield, just because of the fact that you have the two counters and the stun move, its just like i do all of my sword attacks then go in shield defense mode get the two counters then my cooldown are just finishing and i repeat, taking like 10% damage or somthin like that against a mob 1 lvl higher than me. stick with the shield imo.
  1. Boards
  2. Aion
  3. Leveling as a Templar with a greatsword?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived