What do Eragon fans think of anti-shurtugal?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eragon
  3. What do Eragon fans think of anti-shurtugal?

User Info: dragoncaim360

dragoncaim360
11 years ago#31
Meh. I like the series, and they don't.No matter, just our oppinions, and the site says itself that it's meant to voice their own oppinions, not destroy Paolini's reputation or ruin the book for the fans of it.

Doesn't bother me.
What would Brian Boitano do If he was here today? I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two, that's what Brian Boitano'd do.

User Info: Places

Places
11 years ago#32
i agree with about 90% of the things on that site.

i have read both books so far and chances are i will by the last one in the week that it comes out

User Info: Gemini_Breaker

Gemini_Breaker
11 years ago#33
I'm stuggling through Eldest.
Writers might enjoy the website below...I do >_>
http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/story-1/code/read.php

User Info: hawk2

hawk2
11 years ago#34
I love how Kakashi says that we should read better books just because we enjoy Eragon and Eldest.
Disciple of our Lord Horsey
Horseyism.

User Info: FinalRagnarok27

FinalRagnarok27
11 years ago#35
Enjoy it all you want. Just recognize its flaws.

Very, very good sir. You have just won 3 internets XD. This is of course the heart of the problem. Inheritance fans simply do not wish to be aware of its flaws, and thus the haters simply resume their assault with twice the intensity to ram them down the fans' throats. Both sides should back off of eachother. Let the fans who rather enjoy the books (like myself even though I'm fully aware that it's riddled with inconsistencies, cliches, borrowed terms, and the like) enjoy them but make sure they're aware of the flaws (like me). This means the people who loathe it can back the **** off and poorly edited websites such as anti-shurtugal have no need to exist.

Arya's eyebrows on the other hand is slightly more respectable in my opinion. The Epistles are very well written pieces on anti-shurtugal I have no problem giving them that; but the character development section is in general a horribly written piece of work which is filled with gems of ideas but are presented in the most incoherent fashion. I would attempt to recall the other sections, but browsing through that site was such a complete and utter waste of time (due to me being aware of all of their points beforehand) that as of right now I'm attempting to banish the memory from my mind.
Your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. Here, use mine.-Ninja99

User Info: LucaviItzaru

LucaviItzaru
11 years ago#36
Hah, I'm waiting for the Anti-Anti-Shur'tugal site to pop up now.
http://www.shoku-dan.plutosking.com

User Info: FinalRagnarok27

FinalRagnarok27
11 years ago#37
if that happens, Eragon fans will have reached a new low. Even if someone like me dislikes it because of its poor editing and sub-par writing, there's absolutely no reason for something like that LOL. But it'd still be pretty damn hilarious XD
Your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. Here, use mine.-Ninja99

User Info: TaraShewolf

TaraShewolf
11 years ago#38
"I wish the creator of the site would try to make a book himself at the age of fifteen (or any age at all) that is of better quality."

Which creator? There's several staff members. You'd be surprised at what they've accomplished. :)

Anti-Shur'tugal makes very valid points and are simply obsessed about free speech. Look at the crap they allow on their boards. I think it's commendable. The site owners have also stated many times that they think it's okay to like the books, they're just bringing up the points that fans seem to use all the time in defense of Paolini--points which should NEVER be used to defend a writer because they actually make him look worse off than what these fans intended.
"I don't get it. Everybody likes rats. Why don't they like rats' milk?" - Fat Tony

User Info: SnuffimabobIII

SnuffimabobIII
11 years ago#39
The site says that they are just bringing up good points, that's fine.
The anti-fans are rabid freaks with nothing better to do with their lives than bash on a book because it has swords, elves, dwarves, and wizards, which is apparently
Tolkien's EXCLUSIVE property according to them (even though all those were in stories a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG time before Tolkien was born and even before the time period LOTR is based in)
Lazlow, do you know what **** me harder means?-LCS

User Info: Lord_Stokeworth

Lord_Stokeworth
11 years ago#40
"The site says that they are just bringing up good points, that's fine.
The anti-fans are rabid freaks with nothing better to do with their lives than bash on a book because it has swords, elves, dwarves, and wizards, which is apparently
Tolkien's EXCLUSIVE property according to them (even though all those were in stories a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG time before Tolkien was born and even before the time period LOTR is based in)"

we're rabid??
quoted from the "Hatemail" section on antishurtugal:

1.)
Under the name Hello
Email Address: AJBIOBA FHU9BASDHB@gmail.com
What would you like to tell Anti-Shurtugal.com? YA'LL ARE FRICKING
LOSERS! YOU WOULDN'T KNOW A GOOD BOOK IF IT BIT YOU IN THE ARSE! GO
DIE!

2.)
sent by: randomperson( no other details)
What would you like to tell Anti-Shurtugal.com? liek omg you suck. the inheritance trilogy pwns your asses. apparently you guys have no lives to spend yout
times making this horribly designed website. i mean, come on, the html is CRAP. it's nothing compared to shurtugal.com. you guys are just a bunch of
wannabes who want to be famous but can't cause you have no lives like it says in your "about us" page! so go ****yourselves or something, make the world a
happier place. plzthx.

.. and you think we're rabid...

also, if you can name a book that had Tolkein's elves,dwarves, swords and mages in it that was written before LOTR was published please enlighten me.

Finally, it isn't just the races that he stole, he stole the plot, and many other things (maybe you should read the website...)
  1. Boards
  2. Eragon
  3. What do Eragon fans think of anti-shurtugal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived