What do Eragon fans think of anti-shurtugal?: The Second Coming!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eragon
  3. What do Eragon fans think of anti-shurtugal?: The Second Coming!

User Info: Lion_of_Gemini

Lion_of_Gemini
8 years ago#21
Wow. The 500 topic is still alive.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill

User Info: itcheyness

itcheyness
8 years ago#22
I just finished the Eisenhorn trilogy.

It was really good.
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams

Lion_of_Gemini
8 years ago#23
Reading The Shining. No spoilers please.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill

User Info: cither3000

cither3000
8 years ago#24
I was going to read Eragon, but I'm nto reading any mroe of Paolini's books until the new one comes out. And if he makes another book after that he didn't plan on I'm going to kill him. And yes, I'm a fan of Eragon. But compared to other books I have read, it's not that great. Who here has read The Killer Angels?
I'm crazier than a circle snake filled with honeydew and cashews.

User Info: BrokenLionEdge

BrokenLionEdge
8 years ago#25
I haven't, but I would mind doing it. It did win the Pultizer Prize.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

cither3000
8 years ago#26
It is one of the best books in my opinion. Shaara really fact-checked everything, it is as accurate as anyone could make it. I know the movie Gettysburg, based on The Killer Angels, it was done on the actual battlefields and is one of the longest Hollywood releases, and is historically accurate and follows the book almost to the letter. The book is just stunning, you may never find a book that matches this one in accuracy and quality. Just an incredible book, simply a must-read for anyone who likes history, or simply a good book.

User Info: gamesrgreat

gamesrgreat
8 years ago#27
Dude I recently read the Wizard Knight. Amazing

http://1.media.tumblr.com/Ibo2y5lv0iqmc7bx8AP81jdyo1_400.jpg

User Info: Zora_Prince

Zora_Prince
8 years ago#28
The Shining was EXCELLENT. It's too bad the movie with Jack Nickleson morphed most of the characters' personalities. :(
No, I am not OreonX1. Now please quit asking!
Loyal Member of Darth Fable's Army, Board 588936

cither3000
8 years ago#29
I always wanted to read some of Stephen King's work. The closest I got was watching Family Guy spoof three stories of his. I usually go through my dad's collection of books (I'm only 16), he has a lot of classics. One good book I read was Johnny Got His Gun. I got interested in it when I found out Metallica's song One (love the song, pyrotechnics are awesome on stage) was based on it. It was a pretty chilling story, but excellent. The only complaint I had was how the anti-war bits were plopped in rather clumsily, but then again I do not exactly support that viewpoint so I may have been a bit biased.

Lion_of_Gemini
8 years ago#30
---
  1. Boards
  2. Eragon
  3. What do Eragon fans think of anti-shurtugal?: The Second Coming!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived