This game better have a theater mode and/or chapter select

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. This game better have a theater mode and/or chapter select

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
3 years ago#1
Come on. It's 2013 (it'll probably release in 2014/2015 though...). I'm kind of pissed at how I have to make dozens of save files for every Final Fantasy game aside from X and X-2 because they don't have theater modes for the beautiful CGI cutscenes and there's no chapter select to replay my favorite parts of the game so I have to make a billion save files. I have around 20 for XII and 24 for XIII, and at least 5 for each of the PS1 FF's. Lame.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: EscaSyra

EscaSyra
3 years ago#2
I get tired of having to look up my favorite scenes on Youtube. This would be a feature I would utilize if it was implemented. Good thinking.
The official Agrias Oaks of the FFXV board.

theofficefan99
3 years ago#3
EscaSyra posted...
I get tired of having to look up my favorite scenes on Youtube. This would be a feature I would utilize if it was implemented. Good thinking.

I don't even know why they stopped using it after X-2 >.>

Type-0 has a theater mode, which is great, and I'm hoping Versus XIII follows suit. And judging from the gameplay trailer, it looks like I'll have a lot of favorite sections of the game, and having a chapter select/Historia Crux kind of thing would be pretty great.

Though, of course, they should give incentives to replay the whole game as well, like New Game+ (perhaps a few extra cutscenes and dungeons?). That would be really awesome.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
3 years ago#4
EscaSyra posted...

Agreed.
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception

User Info: Holy_Cloud105

Holy_Cloud105
3 years ago#5
Kingdom Hearts has a theatre mode. I don't see why this wouldn't considering Nomura makes both.
"Thunder is in the heavens; lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"

User Info: Noerah4eva

Noerah4eva
3 years ago#6
Isn't a lot of Versus going to be real time? Usually theatre is for the cg scenes like opening, important stuff, and ending. Heck, 13-2 only had like 3 cg scenes. Not that I'm complaining though, I love the XIII series and was glad that 13-2 fit on one disc for xbox 360.

User Info: Panda_Kun

Panda_Kun
3 years ago#7
Noerah4eva posted...
Isn't a lot of Versus going to be real time? Usually theatre is for the cg scenes like opening, important stuff, and ending. Heck, 13-2 only had like 3 cg scenes. Not that I'm complaining though, I love the XIII series and was glad that 13-2 fit on one disc for xbox 360.

7:3 was the ratio for real time vs CGI. I think.
"Lara Croft, You're My Hero!"

User Info: DROSS

DROSS
3 years ago#8

So, you are basically asking for yet another linear Final Fantasy?

For ***** sake...
Tech Support: "What web browser are you using?"
Customer: "Aren't you my browser?"

theofficefan99
3 years ago#9
Noerah4eva posted...

Well...

-Type-0 has a theater mode for every cutscene, not just the ones in CGI
-XIII-2 was super low budget, this isn't.
-Nomura stated the ratio between real-time and pre-rendered CGI cutscenes is 7:3

theofficefan99
3 years ago#10
DROSS posted...

So, you are basically asking for yet another linear Final Fantasy?

For ***** sake...

May I ask how any of that would mean a linear Final Fantasy? >.>

Look at Dark Cloud 2. It uses a chapter system, and it's not linear. Look at Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. They use a chapter system and they're not linear at all. Look at Resonance of Fate. It uses a chapter system, and it's not linear at all. etc. etc. etc.

Having chapters doesn't mean that a game is linear.

And XIII-2 basically had a "chapter select" with the Historia Crux and Gate system and that was nowhere near linear.

Use your head a little bit, man.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. This game better have a theater mode and/or chapter select

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived