What if we got the game now but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What if we got the game now but...

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 years ago#1
It was released in full price (60USD) chapters until SE finishes?
Chapter 1- April 16, 2013
Chapter 2- November 30, 2013
Chapter 3- January 25
and so on.

Would you be okay with that?
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB

User Info: SAYanythingELSE

SAYanythingELSE
4 years ago#2
If the content was sizable enough and could be passed of as stand-alone, without huge plot sequences being separated and cliffhangers concluding the chapters, then I would be fine with it.

But sadly, it would probably be the opposite of every aspect mentioned if it were really released in such a fashion.
"There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky-- one sky, one destiny."

User Info: boboboj

boboboj
4 years ago#3
Nah a episodic RPG is a terrible ideal.

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
4 years ago#4
Hell no. I'll wait.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: PillsberyDoeMan

PillsberyDoeMan
4 years ago#5
i fear that we'll be seeing more "episodic games" next gen. what with how every critic seems to be on Telltales The Walking Dead's d, it's a foreshadow of what's to come.
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)

User Info: Claws

Claws
4 years ago#6
It would be nice to get something rather than nothing right now. I don't mind, but definitely not full price for each episode unless it's got a whole game worth of content in it.

User Info: Sir_Tom_Jones

Sir_Tom_Jones
4 years ago#7
Claws posted...
It would be nice to get something rather than nothing right now. I don't mind, but definitely not full price for each episode unless it's got a whole game worth of content in it.

This. At this rate i'll take anything worth of Versus content. Besides, if people can wait a season or year for their favorite tv shows, then waiting a few months for the next Versus chapter would be a piece of cake. 7 dollars per chapter. Seems reasonable.
I need to ask you to stop. That shouting is making people nervous
- Anime logic http://tinyurl.com/d75gpz3

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 years ago#8
SAYanythingELSE posted...
If the content was sizable enough and could be passed of as stand-alone, without huge plot sequences being separated and cliffhangers concluding the chapters, then I would be fine with it.

But sadly, it would probably be the opposite of every aspect mentioned if it were really released in such a fashion.

Haha you would be asking for sequels then.
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What if we got the game now but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived