Do you guys think the classic, overhead, FF world map is outdated?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Do you guys think the classic, overhead, FF world map is outdated?

User Info: IcyFlamez96

IcyFlamez96
4 years ago#1
I know people say that turn based is outdated and people disagree saying "no it's not, it's more fun and strategic and blah blah." Could we a agree that the classic world map is outdated though? It could still be enjoyable, sure. Ni no kuni had it. Would you guys always take a 1:1 scale world map over a classic, overhead, not to scale one?
If ya na'mean
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS

User Info: zodiac_sword

zodiac_sword
4 years ago#2
Design choice.
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?

User Info: DragoonGriffith

DragoonGriffith
4 years ago#3
I'm honestly ok with world maps, but I slightly prefer the ways FFXII, Dragon Quest VIII and Xenoblade do things.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a classic world map again either.
Tales of Rebirth = SARPG

User Info: Gaboado

Gaboado
4 years ago#4
I like the map of Chrono Cross where you only have battle with monters inside dungeons and have free exploration in a world map.

User Info: rapius002

rapius002
4 years ago#5
While I like all the different explorable areas ala Xenoblade/Final Fantasy XII, there is something about the scale of seeing and running around on a classic scaled world map. As long as there is as many areas as those other games, I see no reason why it can't work as well to get to the areas via a scaled world map. Plus, Final Fantasy Type-0 really showed you can traverse a scaled world map and make it very interesting.

User Info: IcyFlamez96

IcyFlamez96
4 years ago#6
zodiac_sword posted...
Design choice.

So what do you like better?
If ya na'mean
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS

zodiac_sword
4 years ago#7
rapius002 posted...
there is something about the scale of seeing and running around on a classic scaled world map. As long as there is as many areas as those other games, I see no reason why it can't work as well to get to the areas via a scaled world map.

Are you listening to me think out loud?

User Info: RedwingedMinx

RedwingedMinx
4 years ago#8
I think it suits certain games but doesn't look good with other games. This game probably would look weird with it. It would benefit from a FFXII or Xenoblade styled world map. Games with SD and very anime-ish characters look good with classic world-maps.

User Info: Gaboado

Gaboado
4 years ago#9
RedwingedMinx posted...
I think it suits certain games but doesn't look good with other games. This game probably would look weird with it. It would benefit from a FFXII or Xenoblade styled world map. Games with SD and very anime-ish characters look good with classic world-maps.

It would look very FFVIII, actually the characters and everything else have that FFVIII feel...

zodiac_sword
4 years ago#10
IcyFlamez96 posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
Design choice.

So what do you like better?

World map I guess. FF12 is to blame for any negativity I have toward the style of world FF12 had.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Do you guys think the classic, overhead, FF world map is outdated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived