Transsexual characters in Final Fantasy - yes or no?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Transsexual characters in Final Fantasy - yes or no?

User Info: jelash

jelash
3 years ago#1
Want to see them in FF? - Results (260 votes)
Yes
19.23% (50 votes)
Definitely
3.46% (9 votes)
Hell yes
5.77% (15 votes)
Um... no
47.69% (124 votes)
Vaan and Tidus were enough, thank you
16.92% (44 votes)
Ni No Kuni sucks
6.92% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Your opinion please.
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)

User Info: BaconPancakes

BaconPancakes
3 years ago#2
Not as a playable character, though it would be funny to see some drag queens in a FF game.
I'm not man enough...to be human.

User Info: dingo_of_jawaii

dingo_of_jawaii
3 years ago#3
The day I start caring about transsexuals being represented in the series is the day I see homosexual characters become a source of meaning to the plot. It did nothing for Vaan's portrayal and "personality" in FFXII.

So yes, but I probably won't see it in my lifetime.
PSN ID: HakubiXFire // http://psnprofiles.com/HakubiXFire
Currently Playing: FFXIV: Realm Reborn BETA, FFIX & Toro's Friend Network

User Info: rpglover13

rpglover13
3 years ago#4
In a way, Quina was already a trans.

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
3 years ago#5
"I don't care."
Lightning Returns is looking epic.

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 years ago#6
I have difficulty finding ways in which stating that a character is transsexual can be necessary. You can make a homosexual/lesbian character where any relationship is a notable and prominent part of the game, but I'm not sure that you can do the same with a transsexual character without forcing the discussion on the gamers. Handling a social issue for the sake of doing so often leads to bad results, so I'd be against it in that sense. If the character can be done in a way that brings attention to the character being transsexual without seeming forced and unnecessary, I am entirely in favor of it. Positively displaying someone that is, unfortunately, not entirely accepted in society is very beneficial towards the growing acceptance of that person/group, but again, making the character seemed forced is often more harmful than anything.
All my friends are in bar bands.

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
3 years ago#7
jelash posted...
Your opinion please.

No

User Info: SugarBoogers

SugarBoogers
3 years ago#8
It would need to be in a really scifi styled one like FFVIII though. Otherwise there wouldn't be spaceships for the Transsexuals to get here from Transylvania.
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards

User Info: ZeroBeatt

ZeroBeatt
3 years ago#9
Anyone remember Big Bro from FFVII?
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Transsexual characters in Final Fantasy - yes or no?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived