THis might be the very last console RPG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. THis might be the very last console RPG

User Info: Knight_Auron

Knight_Auron
3 years ago#1
I heard Phil Rogers would like to make every RPG possible direct sequels/prequels XVI and beyond for mobile phones.
Toxic Berries

User Info: Knight_Auron

Knight_Auron
3 years ago#2
BTW haven't been here in this board that much cause I'm was playing Breath of Fire III and IV. (Play I and II on emulator back in 2003). I have really bad news. Not about FF Breath of fire 6 is being made a s mobile touch RPG.

http://youtu.be/c6QyoTDnIaA
Toxic Berries

User Info: BaconPancakes

BaconPancakes
3 years ago#3
RPGs haven't even been all that good for a long time...so meh.
I'm not man enough...to be human.

User Info: laharl81

laharl81
3 years ago#4
BaconPancakes posted...

I beg to differ, I still enjoy them.
Currently playing - Tales of Graces F, Mirrors Edge and Legend of Heroes Trails in the sky

User Info: StarBladeEdge

StarBladeEdge
3 years ago#5
BaconPancakes posted...

you clearly didn't play the good ones then
PS3/PS4>>WiiU>>>>>>>>>That's it. Every stupid post get's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

User Info: Nomorice4U

Nomorice4U
3 years ago#6
Personas and SMTs have been great. Heard tales are great too but haven't played one since Symphonia. Pokemon is still beast of a franchise. Ninokuni is buzzing with rumors about a sequel. Kingdom Heart 3 is happening.

Troll much?
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)

User Info: TehAssasin

TehAssasin
3 years ago#7
Knight_Auron posted...
I heard Phil Rogers would like to make every RPG possible direct sequels/prequels XVI and beyond for mobile phones.

I doubt that is the case. From what I understood, Phil Rogers reassured that Square Enix is not abandoning console titles even though they want to target mobile games concurrently.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

"I can categorically say that we’re not abandoning core, triple-A console and PC games. We’re working hard at improving how we develop our games and how we release them, and I want to explain that in a little more detail."
We live in a world where Time and Eternity gets a release outside of Japan and Final Fantasy Type-0 doesn't.

User Info: Gaboado

Gaboado
3 years ago#8
3DS is the future of JRPGs.

User Info: itis41269

itis41269
3 years ago#9
Gaboado posted...
3DS is the future of JRPGs.

And the future is now
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
I've secretly always wanted to ride in a Kangaroo pouch

User Info: Fear_Awakens

Fear_Awakens
3 years ago#10
...you mean last Console RPG from Square. Which isn't a huge loss, considering Square's RPGs have been getting crappier and crappier lately.
"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness." - Masamune Date
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. THis might be the very last console RPG

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived