FFXV will not sell well in the West

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. FFXV will not sell well in the West

User Info: KOTRsss

KOTRsss
4 years ago#51
Not only does Pokemon outsell FF by a large margin, but Skyrim also outsold FFXIII, as did Fallout 3.
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
4 years ago#52
Pokemon has been that way because of the anime.

I literally hear folks saying Pokemon isn't a JRPG.

Wow
"No matter what, you'll never take that from me/My reign is as far as your eyes can see. It's amazing, so amazing, it's amazing". - Kanye West

User Info: KOTRsss

KOTRsss
4 years ago#53
Well as far as influencing the genre as a whole, Pokemon is pretty insignificant.
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
4 years ago#54
KOTRsss posted...
Well as far as influencing the genre as a whole, Pokemon is pretty insignificant.

This right here.

My friend said he hated RPG's. I told him you played Pokemon and then he was like that was different.

FF7 basically carried the genre on its back.
"No matter what, you'll never take that from me/My reign is as far as your eyes can see. It's amazing, so amazing, it's amazing". - Kanye West

User Info: Josh_the_White

Josh_the_White
4 years ago#55
Panda_Kun posted...
Americans.

What about them? Please understand that we're not all closed-minded like BkzIzu is.
On a mission to beat every Legend of Zelda game (excluding the crappy "non-existent" Phillips CD-i games).
Started: 12/19/2011

User Info: ThatPersonGuy

ThatPersonGuy
4 years ago#56
I feel like people stop caring about what the main character looks like when they see a blur of explosions, guns, swords, teleport spam, and general awesome.

Anyone who denies this game of the title of manliness doesn't deserve his own manhood.
You can beat 'em up by any means or blow them all to SMITHEREENS, a favorite of this sentient machine!

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
4 years ago#57
ThatPersonGuy posted...
I feel like people stop caring about what the main character looks like when they see a blur of explosions, guns, swords, teleport spam, and general awesome.

Anyone who denies this game of the title of manliness doesn't deserve his own manhood.

I'd have to agree. Noctis and Prompto may not look like the manliest characters, but that gameplay trailer was incredibly masculine/manly.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

theofficefan99
4 years ago#58
SugarBoogers posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Xenil posted...
Isn't FF still the biggest selling JRPG in the west? I don't think that's going to changing anytime soon.

RPG period

pokemon

Most people don't consider Pokemon a JRPG so I didn't say Pokemon.

As I've stated before, Final Fantasy is still one of the most successful franchises of all time, and it's number 7 in terms of sales, only behind stuff like Tetris, Mario, Pokemon, Call of Duty, The Sims, and something else I forgot. And even then you can take out Tetris since its not really popular at all anymore, so it's pretty much number 6.

Final Fantasy is the most popular RPG series in the world. Unless you count Pokemon.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: Semi45a

Semi45a
4 years ago#59
yeah better stick to great games like Scarlet Blade.
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia

theofficefan99
4 years ago#60
lol even in Square Enix's "The Making of Lightning Returns" video, they call Final Fantasy the most successful role-playing franchise in the history of video games.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. FFXV will not sell well in the West

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived