What does SE have for the next 2 years....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What does SE have for the next 2 years....

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
3 years ago#11
rapius002 posted...
ChipNoir posted...
TehAssasin posted...
List of games they could make/publish (only includes Japan side):

FFXII Remaster (PS3/PS4/Vita)
Dissidia (012) Remaster (PS3/Vita)
FFX-3 (PS3/Vita)
FFXIV: ARR expansions (PS3/PS4/PC)
FF Type-0 (PS3/Vita)
FF Agito (iOS/AND)
Theartrythm 2 (3DS)
FFV (3DS remake)
FFVI (3DS remake)
KH2.5 (PS3)
Bravely Second (3DS)
Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest I to VII (iOS/AND ports)
Dragon Quest X expansions (Wii U/PC)
Drakengard 3 (PS3)
New Saga title (3DS?)
The Last Remnant (PS3)
Chaos Ring (3DS/Vita port)
Valkyrie's Profile 3 (PS3/PS4/Vita)

I think we're more likely to see Vita 2.5D versions of the SNES games, given that Nintendo is not exactly in a good state right now. I think Square still wants good relations with Sony, and now that the vita has been out for a while, they're going to want to try to get a foothold on that market as well. Normally Square would rest on their laurels with the digital versions of the PSX classics, but they may make move for more remakes.

Personally I'd go for this anyways. I'm not keen on the 3DS. It's just not as impressive, and its not as utilitarian as the Vita. I've hardly touched mine, as outside of gaming, its borderline useless.

The 3DS was one of, if not THE, three top-selling game.consoles this past year. It's also much cheaper to develop for. Square-Enix really loves the Vita.... Yeah, that's why we've only seen ONE release from them on it (Army Corps of Hell).

3DS, however, has Dragon Quest VII remake, a new Dragon Quest Monsters remake, Theathrhythm 2, Heroes of Ruin, KH: 3D, and several more.

A popular system is not always a good thing. It means competition. The more the 3DS becomes the 'go to' for RPGs, the more Square has to compete, and their name is not in good standing right now.

The Vita, on the otherhand, has next to nothing. Its a perfect time to conquer unclaimed territory.
If logic were an STD, we'd have solved quite a few problems.

User Info: rapius002

rapius002
3 years ago#12
ChipNoir posted...
rapius002 posted...
ChipNoir posted...
TehAssasin posted...
List of games they could make/publish (only includes Japan side):

FFXII Remaster (PS3/PS4/Vita)
Dissidia (012) Remaster (PS3/Vita)
FFX-3 (PS3/Vita)
FFXIV: ARR expansions (PS3/PS4/PC)
FF Type-0 (PS3/Vita)
FF Agito (iOS/AND)
Theartrythm 2 (3DS)
FFV (3DS remake)
FFVI (3DS remake)
KH2.5 (PS3)
Bravely Second (3DS)
Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest I to VII (iOS/AND ports)
Dragon Quest X expansions (Wii U/PC)
Drakengard 3 (PS3)
New Saga title (3DS?)
The Last Remnant (PS3)
Chaos Ring (3DS/Vita port)
Valkyrie's Profile 3 (PS3/PS4/Vita)

I think we're more likely to see Vita 2.5D versions of the SNES games, given that Nintendo is not exactly in a good state right now. I think Square still wants good relations with Sony, and now that the vita has been out for a while, they're going to want to try to get a foothold on that market as well. Normally Square would rest on their laurels with the digital versions of the PSX classics, but they may make move for more remakes.

Personally I'd go for this anyways. I'm not keen on the 3DS. It's just not as impressive, and its not as utilitarian as the Vita. I've hardly touched mine, as outside of gaming, its borderline useless.

The 3DS was one of, if not THE, three top-selling game.consoles this past year. It's also much cheaper to develop for. Square-Enix really loves the Vita.... Yeah, that's why we've only seen ONE release from them on it (Army Corps of Hell).

3DS, however, has Dragon Quest VII remake, a new Dragon Quest Monsters remake, Theathrhythm 2, Heroes of Ruin, KH: 3D, and several more.

A popular system is not always a good thing. It means competition. The more the 3DS becomes the 'go to' for RPGs, the more Square has to compete, and their name is not in good standing right now.

The Vita, on the otherhand, has next to nothing. Its a perfect time to conquer unclaimed territory.

42.3 million sales of the 3DS. 7.1 million sales of the Vita. Even if 100% of Vita owners bought the remakes, only 16.8% of 3DS owners would have to buy it to equal the same numbers. AND it'd be cheaper to develop for the 3DS, so it'd make the more profit selling it to 16.8% of 3DS owners than it would to 100% of Vita owners.

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
3 years ago#13
I think what Chip saying is that SE should take the chance to capitalize on Vita while 3DS remain a battlefield of RPGs.

Besides Vita is likely to get increase in sales as PS4 become more and more popular (And if they bundle it more often).
Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable.~Noctis (FFXV)
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 4, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, GTA5

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
3 years ago#14
I'm also sort of arguing from personal bias. The very nature of the 3DS means that any ports would almost have to be 3D. I'm not very fond of the DS versions of III and IV. Even Bravely Default rubs me the wrong way a little bit.

I'd really much rather have a high-polished game in the vein of I/II/IV.
If logic were an STD, we'd have solved quite a few problems.

rapius002
3 years ago#15
ExtremeLight posted...
I think what Chip saying is that SE should take the chance to capitalize on Vita while 3DS remain a battlefield of RPGs.

Besides Vita is likely to get increase in sales as PS4 become more and more popular (And if they bundle it more often).

I don't know if you own a Vita or not, but the Vita in terms of percentage of game genres has more RPGs than the 3DS has percentage of RPGs. The Vita has a quite a bit of RPGs when compared to other genres: Persona 4: The Golden, Soul Sacrifice, Ys, Dragon's Crown, Sorcery Saga, Ragnarok Odyssey, two Atelier games, Rainbow Moon, Sumioni: Demon Arts, Muramasa Rebirth, Chaos Rings (via PS Mobile), Dragonbook Fantasy I, Valhalla Knights 3, and several.more. And while that number is small, in terms of percentage in genres, it has a large establishment comparatively.

I love my Vita to death. I would love it if the remakes were done for it. However, I also don't see them going to a non-Nintendo system (other than mobile). It's possible, no doubt. But in terms of making the most money, the 3DS just makes the most sense for Square-Enix. Same reason Monster Hunter went to the 3DS instead of the PS Vita: larger install base and cheaper to make it for.

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
3 years ago#16
Wait wait PS Vita have RPGs too? *cancels 3ds order* Now I'm really waiting until E3.
Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable.~Noctis (FFXV)
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 4, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, GTA5

rapius002
3 years ago#17
ChipNoir posted...
I'm also sort of arguing from personal bias. The very nature of the 3DS means that any ports would almost have to be 3D. I'm not very fond of the DS versions of III and IV. Even Bravely Default rubs me the wrong way a little bit.

I'd really much rather have a high-polished game in the vein of I/II/IV.

Bias is understandable. However, the TC was originally talking what Square-Enix has planned for the next two years and, therefore, from their perspective, it would be more lucrative to produce remakes of FFV and FFVI for the 3DS than the Vita.

Personally, I'd prefer full 3D along the lines of the FFX HD image quality on the Vita myself for FFV and FFVI. Seeing the characters fully rendered in Dissidia made me hungry to see a full remake. It could even be made ala FFVII-FFIX with rendered backgrounds and 3D character and enemy models. That would cut costs even more and look great still (if properly done).

rapius002
3 years ago#18
ExtremeLight posted...
Wait wait PS Vita have RPGs too? *cancels 3ds order* Now I'm really waiting until E3.

It's slowly becoming a powerhouse for RPGs. There are quite a few RPGs in line for it. It's slowly starting to look like the days of the PSP versus the DS... a large percentage of PSP games were RPGs. Plus, PS4 is becoming a powerhouse for RPGs as well and with remote play, you could play The Witcher 3, Bound in Flame, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, and the such on the go (as long as you have wi-fi). Plus, with PS Now, you'll also be able to play PS3 RPGs on the go with the Vita. Plus, Playstation Mobile on the Vita keeps bringing in more Android/iOS games to be played on Vita, including RPGs like Chaos Rings.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What does SE have for the next 2 years....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived