Would anyone else prefer a more classic medieval themed FF16?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Would anyone else prefer a more classic medieval themed FF16?

User Info: bluemagic221

bluemagic221
3 years ago#1
Such as FF4/5 and FF9? I would love to see a game of ff9 feel with full blown ps4 graphics and gameplay. I just love knights and stuff like that...what do you think?

User Info: PainsPerception

PainsPerception
3 years ago#2
I want them to but there's only so much you can do with a medieval setting before you just start repeating things you've done in previous games.

I loved the world in ffix. In my opinion, non-mmo FF games won't get much more medieval than that for years to come. They have gravitated to sci-fi and modern settings big time since ffvii.
Official and Undisputed DIVINE PROTECTOR, LORD AND SAVIOUR of the FFXV board.

User Info: SoVEoCLoCK

SoVEoCLoCK
3 years ago#3
bluemagic221 posted...
Such as FF4/5 and FF9? I would love to see a game of ff9 feel with full blown ps4 graphics and gameplay. I just love knights and stuff like that...what do you think?

Me too, TC. I super want that.

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
3 years ago#4
Well after XIV's generic-ass medieval setting it's safe to say I don't want any more medieval settings. Sci-fi/modern/steampunk/etc.>>>medieval any day.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
3 years ago#5
PainsPerception posted...
I want them to but there's only so much you can do with a medieval setting before you just start repeating things you've done in previous games.

I loved the world in ffix. In my opinion, non-mmo FF games won't get much more medieval than that for years to come. They have gravitated to sci-fi and modern settings big time since ffvii.

Great thing IMO, and I hope they keep it that way.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: Thamauturge

Thamauturge
3 years ago#6
People always forget that FFXII was basically fantasy medieval in the same vein as FFIX. I wouldn't doubt that we'll see another medieval FF game. Both settings can be done very well, though, so I don't really care what they choose.
Favorite games: FFXII International, FF Tactics WOTL, Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Silent Hill 2
PSN: Thamauturge

User Info: SoraisRiku

SoraisRiku
3 years ago#7
I was under the impression that FFXV was going to be somewhat medieval with the whole kingdoms thing. FFXII is the first thing I think of when FFXV plot come up.

User Info: PurestProdigy

PurestProdigy
3 years ago#8
I want them to go the opposite way. Next ff should be Deep Space imo
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: mistermikeymike

mistermikeymike
3 years ago#9
Modern>everything.

Midgar in HD will blow yourmind
RIP ExtremeLight

User Info: yosimba2000

yosimba2000
3 years ago#10
just make it a fantasy without too many current-world elements and I'll be fine.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Would anyone else prefer a more classic medieval themed FF16?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived