Digital Foundry: Final Fantasy 15 PS4 vs PS4 Pro frame rate test

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Digital Foundry: Final Fantasy 15 PS4 vs PS4 Pro frame rate test

User Info: zak234

zak234
1 year ago#1
Same to Bloodborne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nANRQ-NGPZQ

User Info: GodXII

GodXII
1 year ago#2
It is the same? Cool. Bad frame rate for the winner. Ha ha ha.

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
1 year ago#3
Pro needs an update. The issue is dual GPU integration. Frame pacing has always been an issue with Sli/Crossfire configurations. It's either that or developers need to move into DX12.

As it stands CF renders each frame on a different GPU and the pushes then together instead of both GPUs simultaneously working on one frame.
Check out my streams. www.twitch.tv/IzThatit
Recaps on YouTube. www.YouTube.com/Thatboy117 (http://gph.is/1KDpLva)

User Info: DGsbtas

DGsbtas
1 year ago#4
"Dissapointing" 29 fps on a 4K CONSOLE game...

What's up with the stupidly high standards these days?

User Info: Ilikemyname420

Ilikemyname420
1 year ago#5
GodXII posted...
It is the same? Cool. Bad frame rate for the winner. Enjoy.

Framerate itself is fine (it's pretty much a solid 30fps throughout). Framepacing is what's messed up.

Panopictonguy posted...
Pro needs an update. The issue is dual GPU integration. Frame pacing has always been an issue with Sli/Crossfire configurations. It's either that or developers need to move into DX12.

As it stands CF renders each frame on a different GPU and the pushes then together instead of both GPUs simultaneously working on one frame.

If that were the case the LQ mode would have the same issues and the regular PS4 version wouldn't. But that's not the case.

User Info: finalkingdom18

finalkingdom18
1 year ago#6
lol idk i might be blind i mostly play on pc with 60+ fps and i never see the difference between 30 and 60 :p hehe i guess its a good thing for me

User Info: shebulba88

shebulba88
1 year ago#7
Is frame pacing fixable? I remember hearing they never fixed it for blood borne, any reason?

User Info: GabranthXIII

GabranthXIII
1 year ago#8
It will be patched
I want to marry my Luna body pillow.

User Info: Ilikemyname420

Ilikemyname420
1 year ago#9
shebulba88 posted...
Is frame pacing fixable? I remember hearing they never fixed it for blood borne, any reason?

It's fixable, other games have fixed it: Alien Isolation had really really awful framepacing issues in cutscenes at launch and they managed to fix it (granted it took over 2 months).

User Info: SkrallRampager

SkrallRampager
1 year ago#10
It's really not that bad. Some stutter with the frame pacing.
Frame rate itself is solid.

The game just looks SO much better on high fidelity mode. The stuttering is worth it imo. It just looks that much better.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Digital Foundry: Final Fantasy 15 PS4 vs PS4 Pro frame rate test

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived