how bad is the stuttering on the original PS4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. how bad is the stuttering on the original PS4?

User Info: thefinalzapkeet

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#1
So, I have both an X1 and a PS4, i was planning on getting this on PS4 but now I'm not so sure after reading the digital foundry review. I definitely notice frame drops, and stuttering is a big deal for me. For those that notice the stuttering, how often does it happen? is it a constant thing where it happens whenever you turn the camera around? or is it just once in awhile?

I know bloodborne had this issue and it was never fixed, so it makes me nervous about getting it for PS4
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 50

User Info: Esjay

Esjay
1 year ago#2
It's not too terrible. Bigger cities with a lot going on make the vanilla PS4 work a little harder than it seems to be comfortable with, and you will notice the frame difference in those situations. But for the most part, combat and core gameplay aren't affected too severely, and it never really looks too jarring when it does happen outside of bigger cities.

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
1 year ago#3
Is there anything else to even compare it to? The patch to make the PS4 Pro do anything for this game isn't even out yet.

As someone who usually plays games on PC, I honestly don't have much care for how this game looks or performs. My expectations have already been lowered due to the fact that I'm forced to play it on a lesser machine but that's okay, it's why I don't really care about performance. It's nice to know that the performance of a game isn't in my hands and I can just say "it is what it is."
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX / FFRK RW: 9GVD - Cloud - Finishing Touch
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
1 year ago#4
It's hard to compare but so far (chapter 5) it isn't that bad, when you enter a city or a new are it feels like the witcher swamps on ps4 but eventually things flow good again so it's only temporary.

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#5
Esjay posted...
It's not too terrible. Bigger cities with a lot going on make the vanilla PS4 work a little harder than it seems to be comfortable with, and you will notice the frame difference in those situations. But for the most part, combat and core gameplay aren't affected too severely, and it never really looks too jarring when it does happen outside of bigger cities.

are they pretty quick stutters at least? I found it interesting how, in the df analysis, they replayed a scene and the stuttering was gone, so it can be inconsistent. If it's fairly rare then I'll probably just get the PS4 version, I was fine with the demo but I'm not sure if that suffered from the same issue or not

User Info: UndeadArcher

UndeadArcher
1 year ago#6
If it's there I'm not noticing it. You'd have to be looking for it, which I bet you will be.

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#7
UndeadArcher posted...
If it's there I'm not noticing it. You'd have to be looking for it, which I bet you will be.

Especially since I know about it :p that's what sucks lol. Honestly though, I think people are more sensitive to frame drops than others. My friend never noticed frames dropping in homefront at launch and that game dropped into the lower 20s constantly.

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
1 year ago#8
thefinalzapkeet posted...
UndeadArcher posted...

Especially since I know about it :p that's what sucks lol. Honestly though, I think people are more sensitive to frame drops than others. My friend never noticed frames dropping in homefront at launch and that game dropped into the lower 20s constantly.

The only time people ever notice frame drops (especially the exact amount) is when they have counters on over their HUD. One thing I've learned is that ignorance is bliss and to say "mus b nuthin" when I see a little stutter. The more time you spend eagle-eye'ing your FPS meter, the less you spend on the game and it overall kills your enjoyment of it.
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX / FFRK RW: 9GVD - Cloud - Finishing Touch
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
1 year ago#9
I have seen it once or twice in about 20+ hours of gameplay and it was super quick. Frankly the problem is so light its a wonder they even mentioned it.
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: CrimsonX4

CrimsonX4
1 year ago#10
I don't know about you TC, but in my case it's usually a pretty solid 30fsp though there are some dips in some areas. I have a regular PS4 btw.

These might help:

https://youtu.be/nANRQ-NGPZQ

https://youtu.be/aysdWXG8WMY
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. how bad is the stuttering on the original PS4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived