Big Reel - The Fishing List and Guide

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Big Reel - The Fishing List and Guide

User Info: lowtcp

lowtcp
6 months ago#121
For a casual fisher, any major rewards for fishing? I'm about lvl 6. What should I go out and try and accomplish?

I hate fishing IRL and surprisingly enjoy this game's fishing mechanics and won't turn down the odd fishing quest request every now and then.

Without telling me like a guide, what kind of rewards do I get? I noticed some kinds of fish make amazing recipes. And I know one quest line gives you a better rod and lure so I'll do that.

Otherwise?? Should I just fish at rando spots whenever I feel like it?? Try each lure at least once?
Now Maining: Japanese imports because I do everything in Japanese because I'm a boss.

User Info: lowtcp

lowtcp
6 months ago#122
I love fising. I've caught about 15 fish. I did get over the 100cm mark (w000t. finally). Took me till about halfway through the game experience of casual fishing. I got a 103cm and a 106 maybe. I know there's a DLC that gives you a lure that works on everything, but for "fun" i'm still doing it the manual way. Having to guess what kind of fish are int he area, throwing a few lures out.

Q ) I saw this somewhere but forgot. Blue fish with no circle >> ?
yellow fish with no circle >> ?

blue fish circle
yellow firsh circle >

what do each of these icons mean? Any specific fish I should try and catch? Right now I'm doing any quests that come up, if I see a fishing spot I'll try and catch the yellow fish with a circle around them first, and then the blue fish with a circle around them next. I generally am skipping blue fish with no circle. I forget what's rare, edible, gives item, etc.

Also... if anyone can delicately do this, any major thing to look out for fishing without spoiling? Is there something epic you pick up, or is it just leisure fillign in your fishing scrap book?

saanks you. 39.
Now Maining: Japanese imports because I do everything in Japanese because I'm a boss.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#123
Tag.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: 88AYM

88AYM
3 weeks ago#124
2 New fish! Anyone caught em?

There are rumours it's linked to monsters of the deep
To be accepted, must I blend into convention's way and its' universal means?
Exvius ID: 366672668
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Big Reel - The Fishing List and Guide

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.