Nomura apologists need to stop being in denial of his failure as V13's director

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Nomura apologists need to stop being in denial of his failure as V13's director

User Info: true_horror

true_horror
11 months ago#31
WizardHazard posted...
Nomura wanted a trilogy worth of events and didn't even write a basic plot for any of those games which ended up with Tabata's team having to rewrite the plot to make up for his failure.

6 years and nothing to show for it.
6 years and the game never had a release date and wasn't talked about for almost a decade after being announced

the sign of a horrible and disorganized director.

User Info: GodXII

GodXII
11 months ago#32
Fire Nomura. He is going to ruin Cloud face, story, battle system etc. He is going to copy Noctis and paste it to Cloud. Worst director.

Ouh
http://cdn.atomix.vg/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ff7dc.jpg

User Info: Sakuraiya

Sakuraiya
11 months ago#33
I agree. The Nomura fanboys are just blinded that they can't see that.
3DS 0834-1353-9679Nintendo I'D: Mandikiri
Steam: Mandikiri PSN: Sachiko-chan Playing Puzzle N Dragons X, Monster Hunter Stories, YW2, Etrian Odyssey 5, DQ7.

User Info: BabyScrappy

BabyScrappy
11 months ago#34
I know, if it was Nomura from the start like it should've been it probably could've been better because it was his. Tabata did his best. But remember Nomura was PULLED off XV by the upper heads, blame them because he didn't even know until he saw the trailer he said, which is a dumbass move by Square Enix knowing he was directing XV. I also agree it would've become just like KH with multiple spin-offs and XV-3 would've taken years to see the light of day, but I like KH's lore so eh. But at the end of the day, Nomura should've had all this planned already before starting to work on trailers and the like, and maybe fans wouldn't be as salty-pissed like they are right now.
I'm the best that ever did it, and you'd better believe it, and don't you ever forget it.

User Info: OpheliaAdenade

OpheliaAdenade
11 months ago#35
Nomura wanted to throw out the version of the game he was working on to turn it into a musical. :u I don't think he thought very highly of it to begin with.
http://imgur.com/Q6Qj55q

User Info: CrimsonX4

CrimsonX4
11 months ago#36
GodXII posted...
Fire Nomura. He is going to ruin Cloud face, story, battle system etc. He is going to copy Noctis and paste it to Cloud. Worst director.

Ouh
http://cdn.atomix.vg/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ff7dc.jpg

lol fire Tabata he's worse

None of his games have been good. At least Nomura's done a couple of memorable gems.
Also how the hell was he going to work on FFvXIII if there was no engine to work on it?

At least the man responsible for this train wreck: Wada was fired. Now all we need is that yes man Tabata to take a hike

User Info: CrimsonX4

CrimsonX4
11 months ago#37
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Nomura wanted to throw out the version of the game he was working on to turn it into a musical. :u I don't think he thought very highly of it to begin with.

That was a joke though...

User Info: SaydeWindsaur

SaydeWindsaur
11 months ago#38
Heptade posted...
You're right about his role in CC, my bad.
Still, Nomura is the one who designed the guy.

Actually, Imaizumi and Gackt designed him together in a collaborative effort back when DoC was made. Genesis is one of the few characters that Nomura didn't come up with. Though once he was made, Nomura obviously had no choice but to make character designs for him for CC.

On an unrelated note, if Nomura's supposed failure with vsXIII was in reality mostly his fault, common logic dictates that you wouldn't reward 6 years of development hell by entrusting him with the director's role in what is arguably the most biggest and important project SE's had in years. That wouldn't make sense. You'd fire someone for that.

The failure of vsXIII had a lot to do with the struggles of FFXIII's development and extremely poor upper management decisions. Nomura's team was constantly tasked with helping out with other projects. And on top of that, his team was forced to develop an open world game on a custom built engine designed specifically for Final Corridor XIII. This made progress come to a grinding halt. Eventually, news of next gen consoles is what ultimately pushed the company into abandoning vsXIII in favor of rebranding the title and giving the project a major overhaul to become what we have now.

In the end, I'd blame Nomura for having a vision that was too grand for SE's resources to accommodate at the time. That's to say, perhaps vsXIII could've been realized if it was never intended to be an open world game in the first place. So shame on Nomura for wanting to do something big. -_-

But passed that, I find it hard to fault Nomura for anything else vsXIII related.

OpheliaAdenade posted...

I probably would've felt the same way if upper management went years without giving me the proper resources I'd need to actually get my game off the ground in favor of another game and it's sequels. So between feeling like SE would eventually scrap my project anyways and yet still having to tend to a project that had no means of making any progress whatsoever, I probably would've looked for an easy out as well.

User Info: OpheliaAdenade

OpheliaAdenade
11 months ago#39
CrimsonX4 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

That was a joke though...

I don't think so. :v He made "Kingdom Hearts Coded" based off an idea he had when he was drunk. And it was a complete mess.
http://imgur.com/Q6Qj55q

User Info: Lerthyr

Lerthyr
11 months ago#40
WizardHazard posted...
Play Kingdom Hearts and you'll understand how terrble of a writer Nomura is.

Sounds like someone doesn't understand the KH plot and cops out to thinking it's terrible. To be fair, I don't understand discreet math and think it's terrible.
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Nomura apologists need to stop being in denial of his failure as V13's director

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived