I'm sorry but I just can't agree with the praise.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. I'm sorry but I just can't agree with the praise.

User Info: BlackSwordsaman

BlackSwordsaman
5 months ago#1
I really can't.

I have so many people telling me about how "great" they think XV is and when I give them my reasons for disliking they just nod in agreement and say "yeah well I can look past all that...." ect.

On the combat system I think it's flashy and fun at first but as you play on you realize that the battle system doesn't evolve or change but rather stagnates as the depth to this system is very weak in general and compared to ant other FF game prior. All FF games start out primitively simple for the first few hours only "pressing X to win" but as the game progress so does the system. Mechanics flesh out and formulas are born. Playstyles are created and challenged and customization is given. XVs system lacks the depth or customization to stands with the other games. Even as an action game it's very simple compared to any platinum game.

Then you have the world and again I really don't see the charm here. Besides a few dungeons their really isn't anything to find out in the world of eos. The imperials spawn over you every second and the waves of overpowered enemys at night force you to go to sleep. Even from an aesthetic look the world is boring with some really bland environments. Instead of going for a fantasy world they went with a mix of gta and FF but damn near forgetting the FF aside from a few places any things. What is there to find besides gas stations YEA! and then the driving, talk about stupid. With how fast people were to call XIII a hallway simulator I'm surprised the joke hasn't caught on for this game in the form of highway simulator. This is laughably the most pointless and restrictive driving in any open world game ever. You can just sit the controller down and watch the guys read a book or chat as if that's what I play games for. Even exploration is limited with some invisible walls here and there and a limited warp strike.

Do I need to mention the story?
And then the characters which is Imo the most over praised thing in the game. This cast is hand down the most boring and downright stupid cast in any JRPG I've ever played. They make me contemplate if I'd take a tales or star ocean cast over them. Their painfully basic with cliche personalitys and no interesting or well thought out pasts or motives.

I'm sorry I just really don't see what is so great about this game. To me this game feels more like shameless product placement then the next masterpiece in FF franchise. For all the time and money building up to this game this is a disappointment at its finest
Stop lying XV was awful and you know it.

User Info: Romangelo

Romangelo
5 months ago#2
"yeah it's flawed but I like it"

http://i.imgur.com/q8chFNV.jpg
X>V>T>Type-0>VIII>VII>XIII2>XII>LR>XIII>XIV>
IVTAY>TA2>VI>X2>XIIRW>IV>TA>XI>IX>II>III>I>XV

User Info: Mike Xtreme

Mike Xtreme
5 months ago#3
Thanks, we needed yet another one of these posts
I don't like stuff that sucks

BlackSwordsaman
5 months ago#4
Mike Xtreme posted...
Thanks, we needed yet another one of these posts

Sorry but I bought the game day one just like you. I too have strong feelings on what I just spent 30hrs on.

BlackSwordsaman
5 months ago#5
Romangelo posted...
"yeah it's flawed but I like it"

http://i.imgur.com/q8chFNV.jpg

It just feels like so many people are bending over backwards to give this game praise which In my opinion is pretty undeserved. People talk about "how emotional the game is" but I can't agree in the slightest.

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
5 months ago#6
I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

User Info: Romangelo

Romangelo
5 months ago#7
FFXV fans are almost as bad as Zelda fans when it comes to overrating their beloved game.
X>V>T>Type-0>VIII>VII>XIII2>XII>LR>XIII>XIV>
IVTAY>TA2>VI>X2>XIIRW>IV>TA>XI>IX>II>III>I>XV

User Info: BabyScrappy

BabyScrappy
5 months ago#8
You do you.
I'm the best that ever did it, and you'd better believe it, and don't you ever forget it.
(message deleted)

User Info: Bigpoppapump1

Bigpoppapump1
5 months ago#10
If you played blindfolded, you will see how great this game is.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. I'm sorry but I just can't agree with the praise.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived