FFXV is the first AAA games that i've seen drop its price fast

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. FFXV is the first AAA games that i've seen drop its price fast

User Info: Mountainface

Mountainface
7 months ago#31
Sales have most likely stagnated by now.

User Info: xsdarknesssx

xsdarknesssx
7 months ago#32
I am sure there are plenty of "AAA" games that had price cuts faster then you claim FFXV had them, the fact that you can not think of any just shows how memorable they were.

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
7 months ago#33
Price drop came after 80% of initial buyers got scammed into believing the game would be good.

Now theres so many copies floating in the secondary market just like FF13 did, but that initial purchase from us suckers is all the statistic needed to count as a "sale".
LOL @ U

User Info: Zed7777ZR1

Zed7777ZR1
7 months ago#34
motoleo posted...
But it still outsold every Final Fantasy game ever made. So it couldn't have been that bad.

By that logic, FFXV wouldn't have sold as much if it wasn't for the previous installments that created its gigantic fanebase.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waqSyf5JqCI updated 28/02/2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnHvXqQQNZE BO3 Sword Montage. The True Fury Song.

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
7 months ago#35
Nier Automata just went on sale for $45. Must be a crap game.
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XV
Currently Watching: Tomorrow With You, Suspicious Partner

User Info: Zed7777ZR1

Zed7777ZR1
7 months ago#36
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...

I really don't see Nier too different from FFXV.

I mean aside from the awesome camera, and the side quests having a better narrative ... they're pretty much the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waqSyf5JqCI updated 28/02/2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnHvXqQQNZE BO3 Sword Montage. The True Fury Song.

User Info: Kung_Fu_Fighter

Kung_Fu_Fighter
7 months ago#37
Hammer_of_Wrath posted...
kewldude475 posted...
Didn't it already ship 6 million copies anyways? If the price drops at least more people on the fence might consider trying it out, and I think the game is worth a shot for fans of action games.

Shipped not sold!

PAID!!!!!!

Yes, they were likely paid as I doubt they would ship 6m games for free.
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX

User Info: hylianhero135

hylianhero135
7 months ago#38
Uhm. For the record.....

Nier Automata was $40 on Amazon about three weeks after launch, for a good whole week or so. It's now back to $50.

So there's that.

User Info: hylianhero135

hylianhero135
7 months ago#39
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...

Don't bother. Trumplogic and Alternative Facts reign supreme here. If the collective dips***s say the game is crap, the game is crap! Facts, review scores, sales, comparisons - they have no place here!

User Info: cyclonictrigger

cyclonictrigger
7 months ago#40
TaticalWarrior posted...
motoleo posted...
But it still outsold every Final Fantasy game ever made. So it couldn't have been that bad.

Pretty sure this isn't true.

You are correct, however, it is the fastest selling. This from a january article...

Square Enix announced that total global shipment and digital sales for their PS4 and Xbox One RPG, Final Fantasy XV, has exceeded 6 million units.

The announcement from the latest press release comes after their previous milestone of 5 million in worldwide shipments and digital sales that only took a day after its release, making it the fastest-selling Final Fantasy game to date.
When you play the game of thrones, you win, or you die
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. FFXV is the first AAA games that i've seen drop its price fast

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived