Did FFX-2 have the best battle system in Final Fantasy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Did FFX-2 have the best battle system in Final Fantasy?

User Info: Tkmajing

Tkmajing
5 months ago#71
I like X's system more.
You can't have a nightmare, if you never dream.

User Info: SammyKneen

SammyKneen
5 months ago#72
It was good, Lightning Returns' battle system was better in my opinion though.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
5 months ago#73
Shiflan posted...
MalakTawus posted...
there is no other battle system in FF where the skill of the player values more (and is also properly rewarded)

Depends on what kind of skill you mean.

The "skill" in LR is quick reflexes.
The skill in many of the classic games had to do with gear choice, learning about the enemy strengths & weaknesses, how the enemy AI worked, etc.

I will take the latter over the former any day.

IF you think that LR doesnt ALSO have the latter, you clearly havent played the game or you are extremely bad at it.

Be it configuration or strategical approach, LR is still one of the FF that offers more on that aspect too (actually its probably the very best also on that front),especially since the difference in strategy used can be MASSIVE and any type of "move" feels really unique in that battle system, not like in most FF where, for example, magic and phys are basically the exact same thing with different modifiers and visual effects, or where low tier spells become useless one you learn the higer tier ones -_-

inkubus922 posted...
Tried to quote you too Malak, but too many blocks. lol

I'll forgive you :P
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Shiflan

Shiflan
5 months ago#74
MalakTawus posted...
If you think that LR doesnt ALSO have the latter, you clearly havent played the game or you are extremely bad at it.

It does have the latter, but it's simplified compared to many of the previous games.

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
5 months ago#75
GGG100 posted...
No, Lightning Returns has the best.
LOL @ U

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
5 months ago#76
Shiflan posted...
MalakTawus posted...
If you think that LR doesnt ALSO have the latter, you clearly havent played the game or you are extremely bad at it.

It does have the latter, but it's simplified compared to many of the previous games.

Simplified?
Lmao, you dont even know of what you are talking about,isnt it?
Anyone that truly know LR' system and has played all other FF game knows very well that your claim is a big fat lie.......and whats funny is that this is not even a matter of opinions like "liking the system or not", saying that it offers less in char customization or strategical approach to battle is just BS no matter how you spin it -_-

Conclusion: like i said before you havent even played the game or are extremely bad at it.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Did FFX-2 have the best battle system in Final Fantasy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived