Nearly four years after E3 2013's FFXV rebranding

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Nearly four years after E3 2013's FFXV rebranding

User Info: Thamauturge

Thamauturge
5 months ago#1
Some reminiscence is in order, as E3 2013's Final Fantasy XV was among the most important and, in hindsight, depressing events in FFXV's history. We have not quite reached the four year anniversary, but it fast approaches. Do you all remember your hopes for the game at around this time four years ago?

I remember being so excited before and after E3 2013 because it looked like the game was finally going to be on the right path. It had just been renamed to make it more important, and had moved consoles to make it more technically advanced. Nomura delivered the E3 2013 interviews and seemed to confirm that the game's name had changed and nothing else. It was promised that news would be presented at a steadier rate than had been done during the Versus XIII years.

Sadly, all these indications turned out to be illusory. Little did we know it, but E3 2013 was the very last time that the original ideas for Versus XIII would be shown to the public.
-The trailer featured a sinister conversation between the imperial characters of Ardyn and Iedolas (an interaction that shamefully never took place in the game).
-Stella and King Regis were still important characters who had not yet been reworked and redesigned.
-The Imperial invasion of Insomnia still seemed to be a centerpiece of the game's story.
-Characters such as Glauca, Clarus, Iedolas, Verstael, and Cor all looked like central characters.
-Could still play as other characters in the party
-Nomura, Kitase, and Nojima were all still involved in the production of the game. Tabata had been brought along simply to "help" them finish the game on time.

This would be the last time that we saw the game that all the Versus fans wanted to see. At TGS 2014, Nomura left and with it left all the elements listed above. Though most of us were still excited for the game at this point, the road ahead would get worse as the news credulously came in that Stella, Insomnia, and other original ideas were removed.

Looking back on E3 2013's trailer is really disappointing in light of what followed afterwards. Pretty much the only thing that survived from those two trailers was the music.
What is conservatism, but adherence to the old and tried against the new and untried?
--Abraham Lincoln

User Info: Romangelo

Romangelo
5 months ago#2
I knew FFXV wouldn't be good since they revealed that they're renaming Versus XIII into XV. Never liked the concepts of VsXIII. The characters look stupid.
X>V>T>Type-0>VIII>VII>XIII2>XII>LR>XIII>XIV>
IVTAY>TA2>VI>X2>XIIRW>IV>TA>XI>IX>II>III>I>XV

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
5 months ago#3
I honestly dont even remember E3 2013 talking about this game. But its been a while. 2014 and 2015 were way more memorable E3's to me.
LOL @ U

User Info: welzes

welzes
5 months ago#4
things just dont happened the way you want it to be in life. Live with it and try to enjoy it instead of wallowing about what could have happened.

On another note, dont you ever think the possibility that versus 13 can be a game revolving around etro?
We have got 3 games for that thing already.

User Info: Thanatos2k

Thanatos2k
5 months ago#5
Honestly - they should have never announced the game at that time.
-Thanatos2k-

User Info: PrayForTabata

PrayForTabata
5 months ago#6
Without Tabata this game wouldn't have come out deal with it kiddos tbh
bazztek did nothing wrong

YanDaMan263
5 months ago#7
PrayForTabata posted...
Without Tabata this game wouldn't have come out deal with it kiddos tbh

I fail to see how that's a bad thing.
LOL @ U

User Info: Thamauturge

Thamauturge
5 months ago#8
welzes posted...
things just dont happened the way you want it to be in life. Live with it and try to enjoy it instead of wallowing about what could have happened.

Lol, I never was under the delusion that this game was what I needed to be happy. I'm not trying to sound melodramatic; I enjoy the game for what it is, but there is no denying that it did not realize its enormous potential.

This game has actually made me stop caring about video games, for the most part. For that, I'm thankful. I have things that are far more important to think about than whether or not some video game is going to get a trailer in a few months.
What is conservatism, but adherence to the old and tried against the new and untried?
--Abraham Lincoln

User Info: dtsk

dtsk
5 months ago#9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbwm-mzm5QA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A

YanDaMan263 posted...
I honestly dont even remember E3 2013 talking about this game. But its been a while. 2014 and 2015 were way more memorable E3's to me.

2013 had some memorable trailers for me, FFXV 2013, KH3 reveal trailer, the MGSV trailer too. And that was when Sony shot down the Xbox DRM and reassured everyone on PS4

YanDaMan263
5 months ago#10
dtsk posted...

2013 had some memorable trailers for me, FFXV 2013, KH3 reveal trailer, the MGSV trailer too. And that was when Sony shot down the Xbox DRM and reassured everyone on PS4

Hahaha I remember now! That was great. Xbox One and the worst anti-consumer marketing pitch in gaming existence sealed their fate before it even came out, that made my day.
LOL @ U
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Nearly four years after E3 2013's FFXV rebranding

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived