so why is 6 considered the best final fantasy game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. so why is 6 considered the best final fantasy game?

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
5 months ago#151
1Tekkaman posted...
DahRavager posted...
Always use forums as a source for things, especially ones like Gamefaqs that voted Undertale GVOAT.

Ah, so I'm not the only one who found that suspect.

I used user voted sources and critic and publication sources. Not sure what else I could use. What is credible to you

User Info: DahRavager

DahRavager
5 months ago#152
WhyitEarp posted...
DahRavager posted...
Can you teach me how to 'Google' things? This method of info-finding is too intricate.

How else would you back up a claim in the internet?? Quote sources that back it up....at least I didn't claim 8 and 12 were the best along with 13, 10-2 and 15

Oh, now I believe you because you posted a hyperlink to another forum full of clueless nerds.
F I R E U N T I L Y O U ' R E O U T O F A M M O

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
5 months ago#153
DahRavager posted...
WhyitEarp posted...
DahRavager posted...
Can you teach me how to 'Google' things? This method of info-finding is too intricate.

How else would you back up a claim in the internet?? Quote sources that back it up....at least I didn't claim 8 and 12 were the best along with 13, 10-2 and 15

Oh, now I believe you because you posted a hyperlink to another forum full of clueless nerds.

I provided you with MULTIPLE sources

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
5 months ago#154
I'm a VII guy, but I think VI was a better game. I just like VII more.

VI did a ton of things that not a lot of games at the time were doing, and it's bleak atmosphere really stood out in a sea of colorful games. Still does to this day imo, esp with the whole waifu craze going on in Japan.

It could def benefit from modernized mechanics (no random encounters, more save opportunites, restart boss battles, faster-filling meters, hard mode, NG+), but it still remains quintessential Final Fantasy.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
5 months ago#155
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
faster-filling meters,

What meters? Terra's morph? You can increase the speed of the atb in the options...
Knowledge without power is wasteful, power without knowledge is dangerous

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
5 months ago#156
InfinityOver0 posted...
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
faster-filling meters,

What meters? Terra's morph? You can increase the speed of the atb in the options...

Cyan's too tho if I remember correctly, you can get by using his level one skill for the bulk of the world of balance.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
5 months ago#157
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
faster-filling meters,

Cyan's too tho if I remember correctly, you can get by using his level one skill for the bulk of the world of balance.

Oh yeah. I forgot about him lol. Instead of waiting for it to fill, they should just bump his turn back like the stamina system in Chrono Cross
Knowledge without power is wasteful, power without knowledge is dangerous

User Info: Thanatos2k

Thanatos2k
4 months ago#158
1Tekkaman posted...
At least note the qualifying phrase, hmm?

The qualifying phrase is a dishonest attempt to squash any dissent to your highly flawed opinion. It allows you to make dismissive posts like you just did rather than attempt to address anything. If I wanted to do something similar I'd say "To anyone that matters, FF6 is the better game"
-Thanatos2k-

User Info: SugarFlakes

SugarFlakes
4 months ago#159
I dunno.
Fav Games: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Conquest, Birthright, Persona 5, Valkyrie Profile 2
Star Ocean 3 and 4, SM64, DKC2, Banjo-Tooie

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
4 months ago#160
FF6 is the best FF game because it fulfills almost every single criteria of what makes a good JRPG, especially for the time period that it was released in: Good story that evoked various emotions, good villain, good party members with tons of variation and roles whom are actually developed throughout the game which makes us care about them, good soundtrack, open ended exploration that lets the player play how they want for the second half of the game, tons of secrets to search for.

Most other FF games dont meet every single criteria.

Hell most JRPGs today dont fulfill this.
LOL @ U
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. so why is 6 considered the best final fantasy game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived