so why is 6 considered the best final fantasy game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. so why is 6 considered the best final fantasy game?

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 months ago#361
Payback85 posted...
penaferus posted...

VI for the most part is considered the best in the series because it basically created what Final Fantasy conformed to until...well, ever since then? Has any installment really reinvented the wheel like VI did? It's a great game. I just wish the script would get an update.

What? In what way did FFVI "reinvent the wheel"? It looks, plays, and sounds pretty much like the other two SNES Final Fantasy games... it's not even significantly different in art style or gameplay than the NES ones. I mean... I suppose it's remarkable for being one of the most absurdly buggy and broken games from a major publisher at that time, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

Excellent point. The only significant gameplay differences I notice between it and IV are greater customization and the ability to swap out party members at will.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: SugarFlakes

SugarFlakes
6 months ago#362
Enclave posted...
SugarFlakes, if you have an interest in Dragon Quest? Hit up the Dragon Quest General board: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

We'll help ya out, though the board isn't super active but trust me some of us check it regularly and we love getting people into Dragon Quest :p

I'm still salty that you beat me to making that board Tiael, I mean it's totally my fault, I could have made it before you but it slipped my mind when I had the opportunity.

You know what? I'll add that board to favorites. I won't post much since you know, I don't know much about the series, but reading about will help.

Is DQVIII available on the PS4 by any chance? It'd be convenient if it was but if not, I'll just have to pull out the PS2 again. I'm just worried the damn things gonna die any minute. *Sigh*
Fav Games: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Conquest, Birthright, Persona 5, Valkyrie Profile 2
Star Ocean 3 and 4, SM64, DKC2, Banjo-Tooie

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
6 months ago#363
SugarFlakes posted...
Enclave posted...
SugarFlakes, if you have an interest in Dragon Quest? Hit up the Dragon Quest General board: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

We'll help ya out, though the board isn't super active but trust me some of us check it regularly and we love getting people into Dragon Quest :p

I'm still salty that you beat me to making that board Tiael, I mean it's totally my fault, I could have made it before you but it slipped my mind when I had the opportunity.

You know what? I'll add that board to favorites. I won't post much since you know, I don't know much about the series, but reading about will help.

Is DQVIII available on the PS4 by any chance? It'd be convenient if it was but if not, I'll just have to pull out the PS2 again. I'm just worried the damn things gonna die any minute. *Sigh*

Get the 3DS version, but no, it's not.
Don't believe mago's lies.
My DQ Community board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

User Info: SugarFlakes

SugarFlakes
6 months ago#364
Lol yes sir xD

3DS version it is haha.

Edit:

Tiael posted...
SugarFlakes posted...
I have to at this point. As much as I love Fire Emblem, I want to build up my 3DS collection with more than just that you know.

That reminds me. I want Disgea 5 (I always misspell this) too. Dammit xD

Getting the Switch version?

Probably not. I would but if I did I'd have to share it with my cousin who loves playing Breath of the Wild and Minecraft like there's no tomorrow. It'd be... problematic. And I have to admit, in some cases I don't like sharing >:)
Fav Games: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Conquest, Birthright, Persona 5, Valkyrie Profile 2
Star Ocean 3 and 4, SM64, DKC2, Banjo-Tooie

User Info: AbsOfAbacus

AbsOfAbacus
6 months ago#365
The Board's being overrun by Dragon Quest people....

*cracks Lion-Tamer whip*

YAHHH!!!! YAHHHH! GETOUTTAHERE!!! YAHHHH!!!!!
"You Can Always Count On Me" - Abacus AmIRighta.

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
6 months ago#366
SugarFlakes posted...
Lol yes sir xD

3DS version it is haha.

Edit:

Tiael posted...
SugarFlakes posted...
I have to at this point. As much as I love Fire Emblem, I want to build up my 3DS collection with more than just that you know.

Getting the Switch version?

Probably not. I would but if I did I'd have to share it with my cousin who loves playing Breath of the Wild and Minecraft like there's no tomorrow. It'd be... problematic. And I have to admit, in some cases I don't like sharing >:)

Lol, understood.
Speaking of Switch, @heartlesshero17, did you ever pick up Setsuna for it?
Don't believe mago's lies.
My DQ Community board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
6 months ago#367
SugarFlakes posted...

That's the game that finally sold me on getting a ps4. I liked it more than 2,3 and 4. I just started a solo run on it a few days ago actually lol. I think it's the easiest Disgaea game but it's been good for 200 hours and going
Knowledge without power is wasteful, power without knowledge is dangerous

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
6 months ago#368
Any time I see someone claims FF6 had no character development, I just assume they are illiterate or lacking in comprehension abilities.
LOL @ U

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 months ago#369
YanDaMan263 posted...
Any time I see someone claims FF6 had no character development, I just assume they are illiterate or lacking in comprehension abilities.

You know what they say about assuming. . . .
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Bigpoppapump1

Bigpoppapump1
6 months ago#370
The opera scene was like one of the most powerful moments in gaming history!

Oh I also loved the Locke + Phoenix esper side story.

The coin flip between the bros.

Cyan's town getting poisoned by that insane clown.

The big roster of playable cast.

Secrets such as offering, econobox, etc

Airship that feels airship-y instead of this flying car crap that practically has no use and takes forever to transform.

FF6 was great.

Then came FF7 coming at the right place and at the right time to steal away the thunder.

Oh yeah the intro scene of Terra in the snow on a magitek armor and the music was good too.The atmosphere of the game is good.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. so why is 6 considered the best final fantasy game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived