Posterity will remember FFXIII as a bad game and FFXV as a good game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Posterity will remember FFXIII as a bad game and FFXV as a good game

User Info: DarkRPGMaster

DarkRPGMaster
4 months ago#121
Zadion posted...
XIII is a good game.

This. People wouldn't be bashing it to hell and back if it didn't have the Final Fantasy title on it.
If being open to things is a crime, then I deserve the death penalty.
Warning, overactive imagination, will come up with crazy ideas at a moment's notice.

User Info: Neofabito

Neofabito
4 months ago#122
DarkRPGMaster posted...
Zadion posted...
XIII is a good game.

This. People wouldn't be bashing it to hell and back if it didn't have the Final Fantasy title on it.

You guys should stop saying it. Final Fantasy XIII has good graphics, SOME good songs and that's it. It has nothing to do with the title it carries. It is a bad game in any way you look at it. Carrying Final Fantasy makes it worse, but it's not the reason why it's hated.

XV has to be remembered in a better way than XIII. I don't believe for a second people who say XV is worse than XIII.
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

User Info: shadowsun7

shadowsun7
4 months ago#123
Neofabito posted...
DarkRPGMaster posted...
Zadion posted...
XIII is a good game.

You guys should stop saying it. Final Fantasy XIII has good graphics, SOME good songs and that's it. It has nothing to do with the title it carries. It is a bad game in any way you look at it. Carrying Final Fantasy makes it worse, but it's not the reason why it's hated.

XV has to be remembered in a better way than XIII. I don't believe for a second people who say XV is worse than XIII.

XV will be remembered for milking people out of every penny for "DLC" that used to come standard with each game

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 months ago#124
Neofabito posted...
DarkRPGMaster posted...
Zadion posted...
XIII is a good game.

I don't say XV is worse; I say that it's just as bad, merely in different ways.

shadowsun7
XV will be remembered for milking people out of every penny for "DLC" that used to come standard with each game

Bingo.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
4 months ago#125
1Tekkaman posted...
edgefury posted...
XV isn't a bad game just isn't amazing. It's playable and at least it functions as an RPG.

XIII is an abomination in every sense. I literally can't think of anything that redeems it. Maybe like the 1-2 good music tracks it has.

Functions as an RPG? The rather severe story issues suggest otherwise.

Story was fine. Try harder. My opinion vs yours. And before you argue about how people agree with you about the story being bad? Go look at Dark Souls. And the story there is STILL great. Just because you aint hand fed all the pieces or have to come up with your own conclusions doesn't make the story "bad." It just takes intelligence and actual thinking compared to the previous Cat and The Hat and Green Eggs and Ham videogame stories.
PSN: , Warlock Max LL 386
"Only Scrubs do No Knight Strategy"

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 months ago#126
Mochzuki posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
edgefury posted...
XV isn't a bad game just isn't amazing. It's playable and at least it functions as an RPG.

XIII is an abomination in every sense. I literally can't think of anything that redeems it. Maybe like the 1-2 good music tracks it has.

Functions as an RPG? The rather severe story issues suggest otherwise.

Story was fine. Try harder. My opinion vs yours. And before you argue about how people agree with you about the story being bad? Go look at Dark Souls. And the story there is STILL great. Just because you aint hand fed all the pieces or have to come up with your own conclusions doesn't make the story "bad." It just takes intelligence and actual thinking compared to the previous Cat and The Hat and Green Eggs and Ham videogame stories.

Pretty hard to argue that the story is fine when it's barely there by design. That kind of thing is by definition bad writing; pretty much every Final Fantasy story from IV through XII was handled better, not to mention a slew from other series (Suikoden is a good example).
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: BdubBobsleb

BdubBobsleb
4 months ago#127
XIII had a great soundtrack top to bottom. Not just one or two tracks. You at least have to give it that.

User Info: NibeIungsnarf

NibeIungsnarf
4 months ago#128
DarkRPGMaster posted...
Zadion posted...
XIII is a good game.

If it didn't have Final Fantasy in the title the only people who would be talking about it are people who like it.

User Info: JonatX

JonatX
4 months ago#129
FFXV will be remembered as a game with very weak presentation that fragmented story elements across anime, a movie and paid DLC, with boring sidequests, uninteresting hunts and XIII's hated corridors from mid-game onwards. Forums were full of topics stating that FFXV was the best game ever written by players still in chapter 3, and rating defense topics using the top phrases such as "development hell" or "the story is presented from Noctis' perspective."
Wait for enemy to make a mistake. Die. Stand by for Ghost Resurrection. Repeat as necessary.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Posterity will remember FFXIII as a bad game and FFXV as a good game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived