Which FF game had the best cast?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which FF game had the best cast?

User Info: JohnThompson

JohnThompson
4 months ago#1
Which FF game had the best cast? - Results (188 votes)
FFVI
20.74% (39 votes)
FFVII
23.4% (44 votes)
FFVIII
5.85% (11 votes)
FFIX
14.36% (27 votes)
FFX
15.96% (30 votes)
FFXII
3.72% (7 votes)
FFXIII
2.66% (5 votes)
FFXV
13.3% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have to go with X on this one. As much as I love the PS1 games, and as much as I enjoyed the casts of FF12 and FF15, FFX had the most memorable characters to me. That's in part due to it's story. The story structure is set that it makes the story so intense, to the point that the characters are always growing and developing throughout the story.

SPOILERS(FFX)
Wakka is a big example of this. He starts out as a very religious sports jock, but by the end of the game, he's devoted to saving Spira, without Yevon's teachings. Lulu is also like this. Lulu starts out as a highly restrictive and un-changing mother figure to Yuna, and she often put-down and mocked Wakka's theories about Chappu's return. But as the game continues, she becomes more open-minded, and she started to accept Tidus, regardless of his ridiculous claims of origin(Dream Zanarkand). Later in the game,
around Gagazet, Lulu witnesses Yuna's resolve and states that she can only watch as Yuna gets stronger and stronger. Lulu also grows a fondness for Tidus, who gives her much stimulation and energy by the end of the game. So yeah, both Lulu and Wakka are good examples of why I think FFX has the best cast.

So choose, which FF game had the best cast?

User Info: ChingTheMonkey

ChingTheMonkey
4 months ago#2
I voted IX for best
My favourite though is XIII's
"I am the wind. And the wind... you can't kill." - Mifune (Way of the Samurai 2)
The Official EMIYA of the Fate/Grand Order Boards

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 months ago#3
VII, by a considerable margin. They're diverse, with their own separate yet interconnected motives, and even optional characters Vincent and Yuffie get their share of development. No cast before or since quite brings things together the way AVALANCHE does, IMO.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: JohnThompson

JohnThompson
4 months ago#4
1Tekkaman posted...
VII, by a considerable margin. They're diverse, with their own separate yet interconnected motives, and even optional characters Vincent and Yuffie get their share of development. No cast before or since quite brings things together the way AVALANCHE does, IMO.

What do you think of IX's cast? In comparison to VII's?

1Tekkaman
4 months ago#5
JohnThompson posted...
1Tekkaman posted...

What do you think of IX's cast? In comparison to VII's?

Good, but not quite as good. I prefer Cloud as a protagonist (not to say I dislike Zidane by any means, and his relationship with Garnet is one of my favorite romances in any video game), Amarant annoys me half the time (he gets better, granted), and Quina, egad. Seemingly pointless to the story, the variable damage output is highly irritating, and has IMO the absolute worst method for learning Blue Magic in the series. Also, while I do like Vivi, I honestly cannot understand the hype surrounding him. (And I wish Beatrix was a full party member.)

User Info: Demonic_Essence

Demonic_Essence
4 months ago#6
Who the hell votes for VI on a poll for best cast?
Playing is more important. You can work any time.

1Tekkaman
4 months ago#7
Demonic_Essence posted...
Who the hell votes for VI on a poll for best cast?

Good question.

User Info: CaspuR

CaspuR
4 months ago#8
FFIX wins every "Best FF whatever" Question besides best character design and best battle system
I'm on the right side of Netorare.

User Info: SuperValcrist

SuperValcrist
4 months ago#9
I think VII.
https://psnprofiles.com/ValcristPL

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
4 months ago#10
IX by far.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump...thump...that's how you sound... <3"
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which FF game had the best cast?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived