Which game had the least amount of post game content (besides XIII)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which game had the least amount of post game content (besides XIII)

User Info: _Jessica_Biel_

_Jessica_Biel_
4 months ago#1
I'm tempted to say X almost. There was just the Omega Dungeon and monster hunting, which doesn't really count as being fun imo

Some could argue FF8 didn't have much since the world is effectively compressed on Disc 4. Yet Disc 3 had a tremendous amount of stuff to do. Thoughts?
blown.

User Info: Zadion

Zadion
4 months ago#2
are we excluding 1 through 5 here, cuz as much as we might want to complain about 10 or 13 at least they still had post game

I would tbh exclude most the series because I count post game as content literally designed to be done after the final boss. Like yeah some of them have a couple fancy superbosses or dungeons but not much more.

For all the complaints levied at FFXV you can't say there isn't a lot of post game. Although I probably prefer less content, cuz with the huge amount FFXV has it begins to fade together and very little if any of it is truly memorable the way it should be. Like, anybody who has fought Penance doesn't forget about Penance.

edit: fixing phone grammar

User Info: _Jessica_Biel_

_Jessica_Biel_
4 months ago#3
Zadion posted...
are we excluding 1 through 5 here, cuz as much as we might want to complain about 10 or 14 at least they still had post game

I would tbh exclude most the series because I could post game literally content designed to be done after the final boss. Like yeah some of them have a couple fancy superbosses or dungeons but not much more.

For all the complaints to levied at FFXV you can't say there isn't a lot of post game. Although I probably prefer less content, cuz with the huge amount FFXV has it begins to fade together and very little if any if it is truly memorable the way it should be. Like, anybody who has fought Penance doesn't forget about Penance.

Great points.

For me, FF12 has the best optional stuff for that reason. Lots of variety and lots of memorable super bosses/dungeons. Lots of stuff to get into
blown.

User Info: NibeIungsnarf

NibeIungsnarf
4 months ago#4
X has a bunch of post-game content. There's monster hunting, monster arena bosses, ultimate weapons quests, chocobo racing stuff, Omega, secret locations, al bhed clues, dark aeons/penance, secret aeons. Probably more I don't remember.

User Info: SuperValcrist

SuperValcrist
4 months ago#5
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...
I'm tempted to say X almost. There was just the Omega Dungeon and monster hunting, which doesn't really count as being fun imo

Some could argue FF8 didn't have much since the world is effectively compressed on Disc 4. Yet Disc 3 had a tremendous amount of stuff to do. Thoughts?

Dark Aeons? Penance?
https://psnprofiles.com/ValcristPL

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
4 months ago#6
SuperValcrist posted...
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...

Dark Aeons? Penance?

Were not in the original version of the game, which is the version most western fans played. In fact, US only had a chance to fight them relatively recently thanks to FF10 HD.
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
4 months ago#7
I'll choose a cop out and say FFIII DS.
This is with the assumption the NES titles don't count
SKYRIM IS FOR THE NERDS

User Info: SuperValcrist

SuperValcrist
4 months ago#8
MeepleLardicle posted...
SuperValcrist posted...
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...

Dark Aeons? Penance?

Were not in the original version of the game, which is the version most western fans played. In fact, US only had a chance to fight them relatively recently thanks to FF10 HD.

Shame.
https://psnprofiles.com/ValcristPL

User Info: Djoser2000

Djoser2000
4 months ago#9
MeepleLardicle posted...
SuperValcrist posted...
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...

Dark Aeons? Penance?

This is still a strange thing in my eyes.
The originl german version (and I guess any other european version) had this stuff included.

Least post-content?
I'd say VIII - world is closed at Disc 4. Not much to do besides the Card Queen

User Info: CrystalPower

CrystalPower
4 months ago#10
NibeIungsnarf posted...
X has a bunch of post-game content. There's monster hunting, monster arena bosses, ultimate weapons quests, chocobo racing stuff, Omega, secret locations, al bhed clues, dark aeons/penance, secret aeons. Probably more I don't remember.

This user has bias against FF10 & FF13 I believe. FF13 final Crystrium stage opens up after you beat the FINAL BOSS. Yet they mention FF8 content that isn't even post game, unless I missed that you can actually complete FF8 on Disk 3, as the user mention..
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which game had the least amount of post game content (besides XIII)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived