Which game had the least amount of post game content (besides XIII)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which game had the least amount of post game content (besides XIII)

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
2 months ago#11
XV's biggest mistake was that postgame content takes more time to complete than the actual story. putting some of the Menace bosses in the story somewhere would have been sick! I would say Crisis Core has a low amount of postgame content but it's not a mainline so it doesn't count i guess

User Info: Maybe_Im_A_Lion

Maybe_Im_A_Lion
2 months ago#12
Sadly, even though it is my favorite, FFVIII. There's the research facility, but most people are going to do that dungeon before the final one anyway in order to get Eden. Aside from that, there's the Omega Weapon fight, but that's really about it. The weirder sidequests like PuPu and the colored stones are open anytime after getting Ragnarok, and thier rewards aren't exactly endgame.

For the record, I really loved XV's postgame content. Except for Steyliff. A Menace in Steyliff can go f*** itself.

User Info: _Jessica_Biel_

_Jessica_Biel_
2 months ago#13
CrystalPower posted...
NibeIungsnarf posted...
X has a bunch of post-game content. There's monster hunting, monster arena bosses, ultimate weapons quests, chocobo racing stuff, Omega, secret locations, al bhed clues, dark aeons/penance, secret aeons. Probably more I don't remember.

This user has bias against FF10 & FF13 I believe. FF13 final Crystrium stage opens up after you beat the FINAL BOSS. Yet they mention FF8 content that isn't even post game, unless I missed that you can actually complete FF8 on Disk 3, as the user mention..

I certainly don't have a bias against X. That's in my top five favorites. It just doesn't have much in the way of fun optional things, in the original American release which is all I played. There was monster hunting and the omega dungeon. Grinding for the celestial weapons wasn't much fun, and the extra aeons only take a few minutes to go grab. Idk.

VIII doesn't have much true endgame content though. Like someone else said, once you get the airship you can go knock everything out and then there's not much left besides finishing the game.

Also, I don't consider the final tier of the crystarium being unlocked a good "endgame" surprise. Didn't that allow everyone to actually be developed freely between classes? That should have already happened 30+ hours earlier. I hated how the crystarium was effectively locked the entire game.
blown.

User Info: TerryFanBackup

TerryFanBackup
2 months ago#14
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...
Also, I don't consider the final tier of the crystarium being unlocked a good "endgame" surprise. Didn't that allow everyone to actually be developed freely between classes? That should have already happened 30+ hours earlier. I hated how the crystarium was effectively locked the entire game.

At around chapter 10, everyone gets every class.

To be honest, I didn't really care for it. I already had each character decently leveled in each of their personal class sets, why should I grind for extras?
"If we're all for one world, there's a world for us all." - Digimon Frontier opening.

User Info: DarkRPGMaster

DarkRPGMaster
2 months ago#15
TerryFanBackup posted...
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...

At around chapter 10, everyone gets every class.

To be honest, I didn't really care for it. I already had each character decently leveled in each of their personal class sets, why should I grind for extras?

Because certain "useless" characters like Snow were godlike in the endgame. Snow's actually the fastest caster in the game, he is the single best person to use Synergist and Saboteur on.
If being open to things is a crime, then I deserve the death penalty.
Warning, overactive imagination, will come up with crazy ideas at a moment's notice.

User Info: CrystalPower

CrystalPower
2 months ago#16
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...
CrystalPower posted...
NibeIungsnarf posted...
X has a bunch of post-game content. There's monster hunting, monster arena bosses, ultimate weapons quests, chocobo racing stuff, Omega, secret locations, al bhed clues, dark aeons/penance, secret aeons. Probably more I don't remember.

This user has bias against FF10 & FF13 I believe. FF13 final Crystrium stage opens up after you beat the FINAL BOSS. Yet they mention FF8 content that isn't even post game, unless I missed that you can actually complete FF8 on Disk 3, as the user mention..

I certainly don't have a bias against X. That's in my top five favorites. It just doesn't have much in the way of fun optional things, in the original American release which is all I played. There was monster hunting and the omega dungeon. Grinding for the celestial weapons wasn't much fun, and the extra aeons only take a few minutes to go grab. Idk.

VIII doesn't have much true endgame content though. Like someone else said, once you get the airship you can go knock everything out and then there's not much left besides finishing the game.

I think you've mixed Side Quests with Post Game Content.

The Final Crystarium unlocks for you prepare for Post-Game Missions on Gran Pulse, Titan Trials, and Superbosses Long Gui and Shaolong Gui which could otherwise prove to be almost impossible otherwise.

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
2 months ago#17
Technically, only FFXIII and XV have post-game content.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: Maiave

Maiave
2 months ago#18
Tanthalas posted...
Technically, only FFXIII and XV have post-game content.

But also, arguably, the less memorable.

The most memorable for me was the WEAPONS from FFVII, followed by FFXII and then FFIV (PSP version)
FFRK : Tyro Sentinel Grimoire : gZbe
If my English isn't perfect, you can politely point it out to me. I'm trying to improve. Thanks.

User Info: Zangetsu223

Zangetsu223
2 months ago#19
FF 1 to 12 dont have post game content at all. You can't save after final Boss so if you want to be fair count optional content not post game only
3DS FC : 2122-7436-9445

User Info: AngelouRozaki

AngelouRozaki
2 months ago#20
Zangetsu223 posted...
FF 1 to 12 dont have post game content at all. You can't save after final Boss so if you want to be fair count optional content not post game only

XIII's final boss can be fought again if I remember, but more like "Game "Clear" flag"
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which game had the least amount of post game content (besides XIII)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived