In Comrades, you players are worse than the AI was

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. In Comrades, you players are worse than the AI was

User Info: motoleo

motoleo
4 months ago#81
Asetoni posted...
If there is absolutely no skill to be had with this game, why do the majority of people I play with eat s*** 20 seconds after the boss has spawned and I was able to beat the whole mission solo when a bug caused my party members not to be teleported to the mission from camp.

I know right? I tried to tell them. They say the game is easy and they eat s*** immediately when they get into battle. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

AbyssalCode0088 posted...
And here goes TC posting that gif of that ugly woman, that pointless, senseless gif, in his (like I give a damn about gender) comment.

This isn't FFXIV where a bad tank or healer means you're likely to keep failing (a bad DPS will only cause you to fail when time is an issue). If people suck then pick up their slack and stop playing online. Or wait, don't play online at all. Or wait, if you want to play the content yet have to play with other people MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP.

TC and his pointless ranting like bad players being a thing is new.

End result, I wasted my time typing this like TC would actually stop. Doesn't hurt to try.

https://i.imgur.com/ykAjMXT.gif

The point to that gif was that she is a glaive who had to give up the battle because they were out numbered and the glaives had to retreat.

In the Comrades DLC, you play as a glaive. So when your teammates die, you have to give up the battle and retreat.

I'm not complaining about other players, I'm just making a statement. A statement that many people don't want to admit.

Comrades may have a single player mode, but that is not the main focus of this DLC, So those who want that, may have to wait if they get it at all.

You can see in the title, it says multiplayer expansion.

So those if you suggesting to not play online, I'm not listening to that because this is a multiplayer game, that's why I bought it.

And I will be looking to find capable players.

User Info: AbyssalCode0088

AbyssalCode0088
3 months ago#82
motoleo posted...
The point to that gif was that she is a glaive who had to give up the battle because they were out numbered and the glaives had to retreat.

In the Comrades DLC, you play as a glaive. So when your teammates die, you have to give up the battle and retreat.

No that's just you being a terrible player. Even when people suck on FFXIV I don't stop playing until I know we're gonna wipe, and when you're gonna wipe, you're gonna wipe. But that's a game where if your tank and/or healer goes down and you don't have a Red Mage (SB onwards only), you're done. It's not Comrades where I'm sure one person alone can carry a team. Not like I've played the game but it's not FFXIV, it's an action game where whether or not you die is based on your on skills, not how much damage you can dish out, mitigate, and heal off depending on your job.

You're not some fake written movie character, stop making excuses. As stated, you're just a terrible team player. If you're so good then stop playing online or keep fighting without giving up. I don't care if you don't want to because it's an MP expansion, find a team, stop playing, or stop whining. I'm glad you're not "listening" because I'm not talking. Kf people suck so much then it'll be like playing with a bunch of Lv. 15 players at Lv. 80 doing Lv. 15 content which means you should be able to blow right through it, since you're so good, which means there's no reason to give up.

motoleo
3 months ago#83
motoleo posted...

No that's just you being a terrible player. Even when people suck on FFXIV I don't stop playing until I know we're gonna wipe, and when you're gonna wipe, you're gonna wipe. But that's a game where if your tank and/or healer goes down and you don't have a Red Mage (SB onwards only), you're done. It's not Comrades where I'm sure one person alone can carry a team. Not like I've played the game but it's not FFXIV, it's an action game where whether or not you die is based on your on skills, not how much damage you can dish out, mitigate, and heal off depending on your job.

You're not some fake written movie character, stop making excuses. As stated, you're just a terrible team player. If you're so good then stop playing online or keep fighting without giving up. I don't care if you don't want to because it's an MP expansion, find a team, stop playing, or stop whining. I'm glad you're not "listening" because I'm not talking. Kf people suck so much then it'll be like playing with a bunch of Lv. 15 players at Lv. 80 doing Lv. 15 content which means you should be able to blow right through it, since you're so good, which means there's no reason to give up.

There is an option for giving up. But in a case where damage is being done to the target... when the target dies, you automatically get taken out of the game. So when I saw that player running to the target and it's at 1 percent. Yeah, I have time to shrug.

Sometimes you just have to know when to retreat.

User Info: Clementee

Clementee
3 months ago#84
motoleo posted...
Clementee posted...
TC your post kinda indirectly proves FFXV are too easy.

Because the AI did most of the jobs, not the players! That why its easy.

Well, that's not what I'm trying to say. this topic is best understood when you have played Comrades.

AI is AI, and everyone knows the AI is not that smart.

They're just not. Running into walls. Always needing to get healed. Running into magic spells. Running up on bosses getting one shotted, these are all the things we said the AI was messing up on...

So what I'm saying is, now that we have actual players replacing the AI, they're making bigger mistakes than the AI do!

...I'm gonna let that sink in.

Ofc they make bigger mistakes than the AI do, the AI are the one that did the jobs for them even though they are not that smart. Since the AI did most of the job of course the player will make a lot of mistakes. Ai does not need to be so smart to carry the players They just need to beat their opponents. The AI carry the players so the players think its easy.

Now we know!
In need of PS4 and money to buy games.

AbyssalCode0088
3 months ago#85
motoleo posted...

There is an option for giving up. But in a case where damage is being done to the target... when the target dies, you automatically get taken out of the game. So when I saw that player running to the target and it's at 1 percent. Yeah, I have time to shrug.

Which means they're putting in effort and you're leeching especially if you're letting them finish the target on their own and facepalming in the background all the other times.

Who am I kidding? You're flat out option selecting. Now the target is at 1% and you're facepalming, giving up, and shrugging as you call them bad? You're gonna give me cancer.

Clementee posted...

Ofc they make bigger mistakes than the AI do, the AI are the one that did the jobs for them even though they are not that smart. Since the AI did most of the job of course the player will make a lot of mistakes. Ai does not need to be so smart to carry the players They just need to beat their opponents. The AI carry the players so the players think its easy.

Now we know!

Except the AI on this game is utter trash, not to mention they, and the player, can die instantly/in two hits to some from higher level enemies and the combat itself is so terrible it's hard not to get hit.

motoleo
3 months ago#86
motoleo posted...

Which means they're putting in effort and you're leeching especially if you're letting them finish the target on their own and facepalming in the background all the other times.

Who am I kidding? You're flat out option selecting. Now the target is at 1% and you're facepalming, giving up, and shrugging as you call them bad? You're gonna give me cancer.

Clementee posted...

Now we know!

Except the AI on this game is utter trash, not to mention they, and the player, can die instantly/in two hits to some from higher level enemies and the combat itself is so terrible it's hard not to get hit.

I can block. Why can't you? What's your excuse? They don't block. These people don't even have the sense to take advantage of their magical shield, they don't use it. And blame it on the controls. Um, I thought they said the controls are easy?

Anyway, you can't just keep throwing hits until the very end, you have to know when not to get hit. LIKE I DO.

User Info: Zed7777ZR1

Zed7777ZR1
3 months ago#87
I see this thread is still active. Is it the weekend already?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waqSyf5JqCI updated 28/02/2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnHvXqQQNZE BO3 Sword Montage. The True Fury Song.

User Info: Asetoni

Asetoni
3 months ago#88

> "the AI on this game is utter trash"
> "the player, can die instantly/in two hits"
> "it's hard not to get hit."

Whoa, whoa, whoa!
You telling me there can be a skill difference between the AI and the player? You saying we can't just hold O to win with automated combat? You telling me an aspect of the combat system is hard?

Isn't that like the whole point this post set out to prove?

motoleo
3 months ago#89
Is it easy or is it hard?

AbyssalCode0088
3 months ago#90
Asetoni posted...
Whoa, whoa, whoa!
You telling me there can be a skill difference between the AI and the player? You saying we can't just hold O to win with automated combat? You telling me an aspect of the combat system is hard?

Isn't that like the whole point this post set out to prove?

The topic is about players calling the game easy and getting thrashed (obviously, dunno how you missed it unless you're being sarcastic for no reason) even though the players TC played with are (obviously) not the same people.

And the game itself isn't hard, nor the combat. The combat is an absolute mess, so getting hit is something that's hard to avoid, because the combat is a mess, again. Get about four enemies on screen, or coeruls, and the combat just falls apart. Enemies like the laser spamming beast (also found in the dark world) that you need to kill for a weapon quest are the kind I'm referring to that kills players in 1-2 hits.

Asetoni posted...
Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Pointless sarcasm here.

motoleo posted...

I can block. Why can't you? What's your excuse? They don't block. These people don't even have the sense to take advantage of their magical shield, they don't use it. And blame it on the controls. Um, I thought they said the controls are easy?

There is no blocking on here, genius. The only thing we have is an avoid all button. Add in a s***ty camera+lock on, and chaotic combat that can't hold itself together and you get a mess, or FFXV in other words, where it's easy to just get hit. Fight the laser spamming beast if you want a perfect example.

Dunno why you're trying so hard to make me look like a bad player. Is it so you can appear good? You look like some moody jacka** if you ask me.motoleo posted...
Anyway, you can't just keep throwing hits until the very end, you have to know when not to get hit. LIKE I DO.

Game's combat is trash, again. Multiple people have stated this. The combat is flawed as hell so I don't know what you're expecting. This isn't something like Nier where even though it's easy to get hit due to the screen being filled with bullets, it's just as easy to avoid getting hit because the combat itself can hold itself together. You can keep fighting and dodge with no issues, a good lock on (for melee only, bad for ranged), things not constantly hitting you frok offscreen, and (better) telegraphed attacks (without markers). Nor is XV like a fighting game where you have multiple tools to get you out of trouble and out the opponent on the defensivem It's just hold (I don't hold) whatever the attack button is and just tank attacks, because trying to avoid every damn thing is not only a waste of time, but also a waste since items will instantly undo all of your problems. It's like they themselves knew the combat was gonna be awful. What kind of game, or rather RPG/ARPG, lets downed party memembers just heal themselves? And by downed I mean both KO and actually down. No limit aside from the item limit. Just pop a potion and get back to it, and there's no downside to it at all. Just trying to play this like it's your average action game just does no good at all, because it doesn't work for games with crappy combat.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. In Comrades, you players are worse than the AI was

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived