In Comrades, you players are worse than the AI was

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. In Comrades, you players are worse than the AI was
(message deleted)

User Info: motoleo

motoleo
3 months ago#92
AbyssalCode0088 posted...
There is no blocking on here, genius. The only thing we have is an avoid all button. Add in a s***ty camera+lock on, and chaotic combat that can't hold itself together and you get a mess, or FFXV in other words, where it's easy to just get hit. Fight the laser spamming beast if you want a perfect example.

Game's combat is trash, again. Multiple people have stated this. The combat is flawed as hell so I don't know what you're expecting. This isn't something like Nier where even though it's easy to get hit due to the screen being filled with bullets, it's just as easy to avoid getting hit because the combat itself can hold itself together. You can keep fighting and dodge with no issues, a good lock on (for melee only, bad for ranged), things not constantly hitting you frok offscreen, and (better) telegraphed attacks (without markers). Nor is XV like a fighting game where you have multiple tools to get you out of trouble and out the opponent on the defensivem It's just hold (I don't hold) whatever the attack button is and just tank attacks, because trying to avoid every damn thing is not only a waste of time, but also a waste since items will instantly undo all of your problems. It's like they themselves knew the combat was gonna be awful. What kind of game, or rather RPG/ARPG, lets downed party memembers just heal themselves? And by downed I mean both KO and actually down. No limit aside from the item limit. Just pop a potion and get back to it, and there's no downside to it at all. Just trying to play this like it's your average action game just does no good at all, because it doesn't work for games with crappy combat.

There is a block. But it depends on what weapon you're using, where he just phases through attacks or evades them.

In Comrades, there's no more potion spamming, that's gone. That's out the window. So now, avoiding getting hit MATTERS.

And y'all just don't do it. When Comrades comes around, I'm going to be hand-selecting people who know how to play this game.

A lot of y'all don't. And we've talked about it during the beta. They just don't react. Seems like turned based combat hasn't prepared y'all well for combat in the field.

User Info: AbyssalCode0088

AbyssalCode0088
3 months ago#93
motoleo posted...
There is a block. But it depends on what weapon you're using, where he just phases through attacks or evades them.

In Comrades, there's no more potion spamming, that's gone. That's out the window. So now, avoiding getting hit MATTERS.

And y'all just don't do it. When Comrades comes around, I'm going to be hand-selecting people who know how to play this game.

A lot of y'all don't. And we've talked about it during the beta. They just don't react. Seems like turned based combat hasn't prepared y'all well for combat in the field.

Pretty sure he doesn't block with anything but a shield (royal arms I'm not sure, they suck to me due to their pointless HP drain on hit), and who the hell actually uses a shield to fight? He doesn't even block with 2H weapons and they're the most logical of all non-shields to block with.

And who the hell is "y'all"? Don't group me with a bunch of randoms especially when I've obviously never played with you before, and don't tell me I don't try to evade, or in your incorrect term, "block", when you've never even seen me play, and the facts that I know it's not all that good depending on the enemy, and that bothering to do so over not giving a damn and just going on a full offensive is much slower, flat out states that I use it. Just because you ran into some, in your choice of words, "bad players", doesn't mean everyone is bad. Hell, you probably suck at the game yourself. I don't see any videos of you playing.

The game is bad. There is no "getting good" at this as all you do is press a single "evade all" button that doesn't always work as intended and hold down square (again I don't hold the button) or whatever the default attack button is, heal when you get hit, and keep on. The only way to possibly lose is to not have any items/refuse to heal yourself, and with the ring getting absurdly buffed, there's just no way to lose. You just cheese tactics, eat damage, and use a broken evade button all day, or magic if you wanna break the game.

And people have stated Comrades is different from the base game. Do you not understand what this means? It means it (obviously) DOES NOT play the same as the base game (obviously).

And good for you picking who you want. I honestly don't care about people that just s*** talk others while acting like they're good, with no proof. I'm not even gonna bother with the expansion since I'm not buying the season pass. This originally wasn't an MP game and I didn't get it for MP, and if there's even a chance the final product will be more like the base game or heavily centered around teamwork, which means if others suck you get dragged down too like on XIV, then I'll never even consider it unless I have a ton of storage space and the pass is cheap as hell/I have enough money to not even care if I buy it.
(message deleted)

User Info: Willowed

Willowed
3 months ago#95
DCdemonic1 posted...
The game was easy for me and I didn't use any healing items, just some phoenix downs when the coeurls instant killed me before I learned their patterns. I actually kept forgetting about all the items as I tend not to use them in games. Regroup was my heal until I got the megaphone and equipped red/black chokers and no longer needed it. Once I got ribbons/safety bits I didn't have issues any more (except for crashing the flying car). I've had battles that ended with my party having lost a lot of max health and battles that took a while to complete but I always managed to get to a camp and rest.

Unfortunately I won't be getting the DLC. I got so fed up with pitioss that I ejected the disk and gave the game away.

I actually liked Pitioss the most. The puzzles were pretty fun after most of the game just being hack and slash.
Dancing like a hero, Hiro, Just let your body go.
Dancing like a hero, Hiro, Let the music take control.

User Info: motoleo

motoleo
3 months ago#96
And by the way, this game was never just hold O. I don't know where that rumor came from. That's not how you play.

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
3 months ago#97
Now Im tempted to try a challange run where I do nothing but hold circle and spam potions, Im pretty sure I could complete the game like that.

User Info: AbyssalCode0088

AbyssalCode0088
3 months ago#98
Korppi123 posted...
Now Im tempted to try a challange run where I do nothing but hold circle and spam potions, Im pretty sure I could complete the game like that.

You literally can because of the potions.

User Info: Hard2kill_turk

Hard2kill_turk
3 months ago#99
Stop having fun guys
Don't be a dick.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. In Comrades, you players are worse than the AI was

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived