Which FF Do Hipster Snobs Cling To The Most?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which FF Do Hipster Snobs Cling To The Most?

User Info: _Jessica_Biel_

_Jessica_Biel_
2 months ago#251
edgefury posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
edgefury posted...
Fisuk posted...
eloepp posted...
Fisuk posted...
eloepp posted...
So...basically another thread asking which FF do you think is "over rated"? And as usual FF6 (or 7) is voted #1, because they are the most popular and get the most attention, and kids are butt-hurt because if that. Your poor egos, seriously.

Looking forward to seeing the next "which FF.." in a couple of days, in which we see the same, predictable, responses. Maybe it'll be "what's worse XV or XIII" that one never gets old.

Should've put "virgin" before that, but the bold word in italic still explains it all. Thanks man!

Ps.: FF6 is the best imo.

Yea, I don't get the VI hate...I'm no hipster, just a (slightly) older gamer who played it back in the day. It's a great game. And yea, I only say "kid" because I have to assume some older classics are getting more hate because the average age of gamers now probably started on PSX or even PS2...or later. Maybe they feel left out? Anyway, any RPG fan that played that game back when it came out should see how amazing it is...it's still at the top of most RPG lists. Why do you have to be a snob hipster though? I don't get that part. Maybe slightly older than most is all.

Funny enough, guess which FF comes in first if you research "ranking the final fantasy series" online?... (Tip: it isn't any FF from PS1 or up.
Lmfao)

So, the hate towards VI comes from these kindergarteners who came VERY late to the FF party.
Another funny fact is that most game critics out there today consider 6 the best of the series, and one of the best games of all time.
I wonder why...

What critics say is utterly irrelevant. They say 6 is great for the same reason they still rank mediocre kiddy games like Zelda so highly.

The Zelda series is no mere collection of "mediocre kiddy games." A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess are all excellent. Comparing that to the excessive hype VI receives is illogical.

They're about as "excellent" as crash bandicoot or Mario. Fun little games but not top tier masterpieces. The comparison to VI is accurate - they're "popular" critic choices. The same reason a mediocre game like chrono trigger gets voted over a masterpiece like FFIX lol.

I don't think you played any Zelda games.
blown.

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
2 months ago#252
sleepercell99 posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...
2, it's retro before final fantasy was big. Least played most little known and not a very good game. It's the most unique choice.

I feel like it fits the hipster tag.

there aren't any actual fans of FFll though. it's too obscure even for the hipsters

I would argue that you're not a true hipster unless your favourite game is FFII for precisely this reason.
If you like some other game, maybe you just, I dunno, like that game, and that doesn't make you a hipster...
All License Boards: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75557762

User Info: _Jessica_Biel_

_Jessica_Biel_
2 months ago#253
JohnThompson posted...
FFX still remains as the best FF game of all time. The PS1 games come close. But FFX has the most solid and fluid gameplay, most difficult boss battles(Monster Arena, Nemesis, Dark Aeons, Penance), most well-thoughtout and engaging story, it received the greatest soundtrack Nobuo Uematsu has ever composed, it has the most exploration in a FF game after you get the airship, the characters are some of the most memorable of all time, Seymour is a twisted and genius villain, blitzball was an excellent minigame that could be regarded as a separate game on its own, the list goes on.

You're showing your age
blown.

User Info: Ghost_Of_Donkey

Ghost_Of_Donkey
2 months ago#254
@_Jessica_Biel_

I don't think so either. He is so wrong in all of his damn posts.
(message deleted)

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
2 months ago#256
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...
I don't think you played any Zelda games.

Played most of the main ones. Twilight Princess is objectively the best out of all of them. Very enjoyable game, but same tier as Crash Bandicoot - fun kiddy games.

Masterpieces such as FFVII, MGS1, FFIX, Silent Hill 2 have surpassed being "games" and are art, with masterpiece OSTs, stories, themes etc. combined with amazing gameplay.
FFVII = GOAT FFXIII = garbage

User Info: Ghost_Of_Donkey

Ghost_Of_Donkey
2 months ago#257
Twilight Princess is not the best one. Stop it.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 months ago#258
tsunaxsawada10 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
Also the characters having little to no development is simply false. When WOR is clearly a full of sidequest about exploring every characters past and the reason why they became the character that they are now.

And aside from Locke, Terra, Cyan, and Celes they haven't changed appreciably since they initially joined up.

Their development that pretty much changed them is because of their past. Basically their past is where they basically change and why then never change from the present but instead continue to do what they need to do. In short their past is their development... Well that's what I think.

After the death of his father, Edgar does not want to be king but later in WOR he shows change. He fulfills his responsibility as king no matter what the danger he may face.

Shadow changed after his best friends death and Relm is pretty much connected to her so Relm's past is also Shadow's past.

Gau (not really a development) is pretty much hopeless since he was raised by monster since birth. The only thing we could know about is how he got there.

Hey that's still character development! Who says it need to be in the present?

Lazy to give reason to them all but basically only Umaro, Gogo and maybe Mog are the characters that doesn't really develop.

I think Mog has her lover Molulukilled but i think that didn't really change him but only sad about it.

Not really good at explaining stuff so I just hope you understand. But I get the feeling that you didn't.

Exposition regarding their pasts is not character development. Development requires that they change over the course of the story, and most of VI's cast do not.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
2 months ago#259
Ghost_Of_Donkey posted...

Yes it is. Best game design, battle system, mini games, dungeons.
FFVII = GOAT FFXIII = garbage

User Info: firebind2

firebind2
2 months ago#260
edgefury posted...
Ghost_Of_Donkey posted...

Yes it is. Best game design, battle system, mini games, dungeons.

Until the Wolf Link parts...or when they make some areas too dark and finally I think the story is a little weak.
I do especially hate the Wolf Link parts and the spirit gathering. Were they out I'd probably agree.
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/24zcej6.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which FF Do Hipster Snobs Cling To The Most?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived