Just bought this. Any early missables? Tips for a new player?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Just bought this. Any early missables? Tips for a new player?

User Info: LordTacoshima

LordTacoshima
4 months ago#1
Finally got around to xv. I don't want to get hours deep only to learn I missed something at the beginning. I best the red dual horn, and am about to get the car back. What should I be on the lookout for? Also, are there ever more enemies? I feel like I'm pointlessly running around looking for stuff to slaughter.

User Info: tonberrymasta

tonberrymasta
4 months ago#2
There are only two things that you can miss in the whole game:

1. When you meet an NPC called Jared, talk to him repeatedly after waking up from an inn as he will give you a special item.

2. There is a an optional side op in chapter 3 called "Pilgrimage" that becomes unavailable after you beat chapter 3.

That's it, everything else you can go back and get if you miss it.

Have fun!

User Info: soldjango

soldjango
4 months ago#3
To add onto that, you don't want to be looking for fights if you're specifically looking for exp. Other regions of the world have more enemies in them, but routine combat is actually a poor way to level up.
It's a JRPG, meaning that the setting is in japan and stuff. -trodahawk

User Info: LordTacoshima

LordTacoshima
4 months ago#4
Yea but it's fun. (Because I just started and it hasn't gotten old to me yet)

User Info: enkidu52

enkidu52
4 months ago#5
LordTacoshima posted...
Yea but it's fun. (Because I just started and it hasn't gotten old to me yet)

The biggest advice imo is to not outlevel the main quest, def have fun doing hunts and sidequests but you can get overpowered for the main quest if you're not careful which mskes the rest of the game less interesting challenging (unless you like to be overpowered)

Don't sell all the loot you get certain items are used to power up upgradeable weapons you'll learn which loot is good for selling and which stuff to keep as you go a long, most of the less valuable monster parts you can sell for gil without worrying about it

Have fun!
(message deleted)

User Info: tylerdurden10

tylerdurden10
3 months ago#7
I'm new as well to the game. I appreciate this feedback!

User Info: Tkmajing

Tkmajing
3 months ago#8
Tip 1=Dont play this s***ty game!
You can't have a nightmare, if you never dream.

User Info: renegadedriver

renegadedriver
3 months ago#9
invest in ignis's regroup tech. it will help you out at low levels.

try to end as many battles as you can with warp strike. gain easy ap that way. esp on lower level enemies.

got the chocobo quest asap. they are really helpful while your exploring the map.

try to bank alot of exp before you sleep in a hotel. they have a modiflyier that will multiply the exp. camp ground dont.

User Info: CatalinaTio89

CatalinaTio89
3 months ago#10
You poor thing I hope you got it real cheap. Cuz the rest of the game costs 25$....
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Just bought this. Any early missables? Tips for a new player?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived