just beat the game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. just beat the game

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
2 months ago#1
was fun. again, i didn't have any expectations, but i enjoyed it

but... i dunno if still feel like playing the sidequest that i left over... pretty much everything lvl 40 and above

i guess ill see if im still in the mood after the credits roll.. it's rolling right now

im curious to see how they will spin post game... if it's just gonna happen as if you haven't done the final event sequences yet... then ill skip it.

i hate when RPGs do that for post game. i only pretty much bother with post that actually happens post game.

now... im actually still in the mood for another JRPG, i just came from finishing tales of berseria, now this game

i think ill just cough up and pay full price for trails in the sky 3rd. i mean, i really enjoyed the 1st 2 anyway. kevin was a interesting character in 2nd chapter. so him taking the lead will be interesting cept kinda tired liberl already, since it pretty much looks the same since the 1st game it seems
Capcom ID: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: soldjango

soldjango
2 months ago#2
Glad you enjoyed it :) Post-game is accessed via travelling back to Lucis with Umbra so it's as if the ending hasn't happened yet. That said, there are two post-game exclusive things I would consider doing before you put the game down: fighting the Adamantoise (just to do it), and accessing the secret dungeon Pitioss.

I believe Rogue Galaxy is on the PSN store as a PS2 classic, so if you're looking for another action-based JRPG, that one's pretty good. There's also the FF12 remaster.
It's a JRPG, meaning that the setting is in japan and stuff. -trodahawk

VermilionX
2 months ago#3
soldjango posted...
Glad you enjoyed it :) Post-game is accessed via travelling back to Lucis with Umbra so it's as if the ending hasn't happened yet. That said, there are two post-game exclusive things I would consider doing before you put the game down: fighting the Adamantoise (just to do it), and accessing the secret dungeon Pitioss.

I believe Rogue Galaxy is on the PSN store as a PS2 classic, so if you're looking for another action-based JRPG, that one's pretty good. There's also the FF12 remaster.

yeah, just saw it, just puts you before the final battle as if it hasn't happened yet

meh... im ok, ill skip post game

i didn't even bother with the umbra thing... seems a bit forced and didn't make sense to me (lorewise, and in terms of pacing progression)

i did spend a heck of alot time anyway during the open world sections.

got around 81 hrs playing the game. im satisfied, i don't feel like i need more.

i already played rogue galaxy in PS2. i owned it, dunno where the disc is now tho lolz

and i also played FF12 on PS2, but i got bored of it during the final dungeon... it was dragging and i think another game came out and just ended up not playing it anymore.

anyway... i think the best bet for me right is trails in the sky 3rd.

gah! i just remembered how sad i am that konami abandoned the suikoden franchise. that is still my most fav JRPG series of all time.

trails in the sky is kinda suikoden-ish... but with a lighter tone, but same world building goodness and politics and just revolves around a country or state instead of the typical save the whole world deal with JPRGs

User Info: soldjango

soldjango
2 months ago#4
The Trails in the Sky and Cold Steel games are on my list of JRPGs I really want to play but I haven't gotten around to them yet. I'm trying to juggle a bunch of games right now, and I currently playing Splatoon 2. I should get to those games soon though.
It's a JRPG, meaning that the setting is in japan and stuff. -trodahawk

User Info: gamingdevotee

gamingdevotee
2 months ago#5
VermilionX posted...
soldjango posted...

yeah, just saw it, just puts you before the final battle as if it hasn't happened yet

meh... im ok, ill skip post game

i didn't even bother with the umbra thing... seems a bit forced and didn't make sense to me (lorewise, and in terms of pacing progression)

i did spend a heck of alot time anyway during the open world sections.

got around 81 hrs playing the game. im satisfied, i don't feel like i need more.

i already played rogue galaxy in PS2. i owned it, dunno where the disc is now tho lolz

and i also played FF12 on PS2, but i got bored of it during the final dungeon... it was dragging and i think another game came out and just ended up not playing it anymore.

anyway... i think the best bet for me right is trails in the sky 3rd.

gah! i just remembered how sad i am that konami abandoned the suikoden franchise. that is still my most fav JRPG series of all time.

trails in the sky is kinda suikoden-ish... but with a lighter tone, but same world building goodness and politics and just revolves around a country or state instead of the typical save the whole world deal with JPRGs

Yeah I bought the first 2 trails in the sky games on Steam haven't got around to playing them yet.

I am hopeful though.

Also I get you are done with XV, glad you enjoyed it overall. The DLC is pretty good too if you want to give it a try. If not then it's cool.

User Info: tonberrymasta

tonberrymasta
2 months ago#6
First, congrats on beating the game!

Second, the two best parts of FFXV are the costlemark menace dungeon and especially pitoss. You haven't really played FFXV until you have played pitoss, it is like nothing that the series has ever done before. It's these two things that turned the game from very good to great for me.

VermilionX
2 months ago#7
I'm not gonna get any dlc

I even just borrowed the game from my friend.

Hopefully, when it comes out on pc... It will be a goty type thing with everything included.

And if the multiplayer is actually fun... I'll definitely buy it. Free online too on PC. No need for PS+

Regarding costlemark and pitioss... Maybe they are fun but seeing the ending closed this game for me right now. Like it doesn't make sense to me to play stuff that happened before the ending happens anymore.

Like I said. It's a quirk for me. Not motivated playing post game that lorewise doesn't actually happen post ending.

Maybe later when I get it.on PC and replay the game I will. But not for now.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. just beat the game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived