Last good battle system in FF?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Last good battle system in FF?

User Info: JohnThompson

JohnThompson
3 months ago#1
What was the last enjoyable battle system in FF games? - Results (106 votes)
TTB
2.83% (3 votes)
ATB
26.42% (28 votes)
CTB
18.87% (20 votes)
ADB
12.26% (13 votes)
CSB
8.49% (9 votes)
AXB(FFXV)
31.13% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A lot of people are going to go with ATB, but I have to go with CTB. Again, people can call FFX easy all they want, but imo, it was the last FF game to give you endless control over what strategies you can make during battle.

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
3 months ago#2
Bloody hell, just name the games rather than all these acronyms. Most people don't care that much to memorize all that
You have the right to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right

JohnThompson
3 months ago#3
And I think that these fights are more difficult than the other games anyways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIiklxhDOqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk52rObIZLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izN_VUisUr8

User Info: TrueBURP

TrueBURP
3 months ago#4
FFXII also gives you full control over your strategies. Sure it is an AI-based system, but it's an AI you get to fully program via the gambit system. It's not just "offensive mode / defensive mode / etc", you actually get to say which skill or item or action to use under what circunstance. Plus you can still input commands manually, which have priority over the gambits you set. That's a lot of control, in the end.
SCREAM POETRY...

User Info: GooberSD

GooberSD
3 months ago#5
Nabinator posted...
Bloody hell, just name the games rather than all these acronyms. Most people don't care that much to memorize all that

User Info: h_durao

h_durao
3 months ago#6
XII is great, best turn based combat ever made

FFXV had potential, but the game is so easy you don't need to learn the game... but I think the comrades dlc will have a great combat system... even gladio and prompto dlc have better combat than the base game
Final Fantasy XII is the greatest video game of all time.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
3 months ago#7
Shame on you TC, you didnt even list the best one, SATB (since you love acronyms, or more simply, LR's battle system) -_-
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

JohnThompson
3 months ago#8
XII had good combat but it was just awkward for me. It's like, I don't want to have to engage in an weird fight where you awkwardly walk around your foe, like in MMOs. I want a proper battle arena where your characters stand still, like FFX and the previous games give you.

User Info: h_durao

h_durao
3 months ago#9
so the characters standing still isn't awkward? lol
Final Fantasy XII is the greatest video game of all time.

User Info: NibeIungsnarf

NibeIungsnarf
3 months ago#10
Nabinator posted...

This.

What an unacceptably stupid topic.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Last good battle system in FF?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived