How is FFXV now, changes since launch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. How is FFXV now, changes since launch

User Info: Kotchman

Kotchman
4 weeks ago#1
Hi, I played this game at launch, got about 2/3 of the way through the story and then kinda fizzled out. I have not played any DLC or expansions. I am wondering how the game is doing now? I saw DLC and Comrades, and I am wondering if I should pick this game up again.

Have there been any big changes to the game, new areas, bosses, weapons, etc?

Thanks!
Reject the system dictating the norms

User Info: MallyPureSmooth

MallyPureSmooth
3 weeks ago#2
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/76008333
"What is belonging, brother, when we all belong to the same cosmos?" - Wei Shen

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
3 weeks ago#3
It’s still s***

User Info: _Dim_

_Dim_
3 weeks ago#4
WhyitEarp posted...
It’s still s***

one year later, and haters are still s***

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
3 weeks ago#5
The episode DLC is accessed from the main menu so it's pretty much cut off from the plot. Each adds anywhere from another 5-6 hours possibly longer, a couple of areas, some new game mechanics for said episodes only (Prompto gets to use a gun 3rd person style), and a few new boss fights.

And then you have a 20$ multiplayer add-on because why not? As for the main game it's mostly the same with some tacked on story additions among other things, I think they finally added a bestiary too. If you lost interest the first go around I don't think the DLC is gonna entice you to come back.

Plus you have to factor in that you're gonna spend another 50$ to get all this content (Comrades - 20$, DLC Episodes - 25-30$ season pass) and you're gonna have to free up HDD space for all of this too. I think the game size with all the patches and DLC was close to 75-85 GBs. That said do some research and see what you think TC.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 weeks ago#6
The off-road car is modestly cool.

Chapter 13 has also been improved to be less obnoxious.

All-in-all there really isn't that much different to the base game. They hurled some content at it, but as mentioned it is completely detached from the rest of the game. You load a separate mission from the main menu, and stats/items don't carry over. You'd play Prompto's DLC just to unlock a couple of meager rewards at the end to bring to the main game.

Comrades is potentially going to be a bigger deal with future updates, and be more integrated with the game. It just released though and honestly feels like it is still kind of in beta, so you may as well wait for it to actually come together.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: CatalinaTio89

CatalinaTio89
3 weeks ago#7
Congratulations! Please enjoy the useless fluff! Useless items! Useless timed quests! Useless car driving off the useless road into the useless fields of nothing! Useless DLC and "updates" that don'texplain anything,and leave you even more confused! And enjoy another year of nothing additions!
Just stop people. This game has always been and always will be nothing. Just play Persona,Tales of Berseria,FFXII or Xenoblade. Everything they've done since launch was done hastily,with little to no care or focus.Some "additions" make the game worst(Chapter 13's Episode Gladiolus advertisement) and make the story even more dumb and confusing(Chapter 12 update,Episode Prompto,Comrades). They're not interested in fixing this,only making you think so until they've milked all they can. You're doing nothing by bothering with this game,nothing but funding Tabaita's next project,then it'll repeat again,he'll lure you in and suck you dry.

User Info: YungLeviathan

YungLeviathan
3 weeks ago#8
Something I didn't see get mentioned is that they added the option to do multiple hunts at once so you don't have to tediously backtrack to each one, which made the game at least 10x more convenient and fun!

Edit: seriously. Why is no one mentioning this?

User Info: matt091282

matt091282
3 weeks ago#9
YungLeviathan posted...
Something I didn't see get mentioned is that they added the option to do multiple hunts at once so you don't have to tediously backtrack to each one, which made the game at least 10x more convenient and fun!

Edit: seriously. Why is no one mentioning this?

I just did in another thread. What a great addition that was. Talk about a time saver.
PSN ID: mpen91282

User Info: SignGuy

SignGuy
3 weeks ago#10
I find most of the things added since launch to be forgettable, especially the Bros DLC, but even more especially the Assassins Creed festival, but super especially the off-road Regalia. I’ve had fun with the timed quests though, and the main game has always been enjoyable for me, even before the additions.

Started replaying yesterday, trying a Level 1 run, and I’m loving the multiple hunt option.
Take a breath. Count to ten. Hug a friend.
They're just games, fools.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. How is FFXV now, changes since launch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived