So after playing comrades for 40 hours I have learned some things.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. So after playing comrades for 40 hours I have learned some things.

User Info: Nei_Vale

Nei_Vale
4 weeks ago#1
1. Most players don't seem to have a clue on how upgrading really works, or have no idea on what they are actually doing.
I have jumped into lobbies where people are either around my level or higher with way less stats or have just invested in 1 stat, most being HP or an elemental resistance. They also have untouchable sigil but can't dodge to save their life and don't even heal themselves when they're low.

2. Weapon upgrading
Pay attention to the stats of the weapon, some will have a small bar under it which means you'll need to focus on specific stats or fill what's needed then build it to how you want.If you want to apply a status effect or combomosis(Attacks regenerate mp after so many hits) apply them on either daggers or crossbow as they are quick hits which means it'll trigger sooner/faster.

3. All weapons have a delay attack
I acquired a katana that throws out a blade beam from a charge attack, this threw me off as I thought only the crossbow and heavy weapons had a charge attack, this isn't the case at all. the charge attack it's talking about is actually a delayed input attack. when you strike with a weapon and pause, as soon as your weapon starts to dissapear, attack again and you'll unleash its charge attack, mostly being AoE strikes to deal with groups. the blade beam has a very small AoE hitbox but strikes twice making it handy against single opponents.

4. Learn to find something to preoccupy yourself with the load screens.
I've seen many people complain about the load screens, which factor in a few reasons on why it's taking so long, one is the fast travelling to the places, another is syncing all players up, the other is pre rendering everything so it all comes in fully fleshed out instead of being a blurred/smudged mess as everything about the model is rendering in real time. there are ways they can reduce the load times but it would mean they would have to change how the games core engine loads things. (To put it as simple as possible, they'd have to create different areas in 'pocket spaces' like Monster hunter which would then severely decrease the lack of detail of the world.
But to get on the actual topic, learn to read a book or thread of something or even go check up on something around the house, have a stretch, it'll help. Or even just have some people in a party where you can have a chat to kill time.

I can try to answer some questions but my knowledge only goes so far.
Fight or flee, either way you'll die.. So come, wage war against a tyrant.
There needs to be a continuation for Phantasy Star Zero.

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
4 weeks ago#2
Re: #4, In terms of playing SP/all AI party, I sit crosslegged on a daybed while playing my PS4, which is about 7 feet away from my 40" TV and 27" PC monitor/desktop. By the time I get out from my pillows/blankets and sit in the deskchair to browse the net on my PC, it'd be time to get back into the pillows/blankets and grab the controller (edit: I'm kinda old and slow). Haha! *wink-grin*

Anyway, the loading screen thing is one of those annoyances that can be dealt with in various ways, for sure, but it's still annoying and badly implemented/designed. Like, two load screens (instead of 4) and make the dinner bit a lot shorter. Or, more missions that take more than 1-2 minutes to complete, making the load times feel less "constant" if that makes sense. Perhaps some of that comes from trying to accommodate both people who want live-human MP and those who just want to see the content/use AI.

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
4 weeks ago#3
Nei_Vale posted...
I've seen many people complain about the load screens, which factor in a few reasons on why it's taking so long, one is the fast travelling to the places, another is syncing all players up, the other is pre rendering everything so it all comes in fully fleshed out instead of being a blurred/smudged mess as everything about the model is rendering in real time. there are ways they can reduce the load times but it would mean they would have to change how the games core engine loads things. (To put it as simple as possible, they'd have to create different areas in 'pocket spaces' like Monster hunter which would then severely decrease the lack of detail of the world.
But to get on the actual topic, learn to read a book or thread of something or even go check up on something around the house, have a stretch, it'll help. Or even just have some people in a party where you can have a chat to kill time.
What? No, just no.

This is one object of criticism that should not be overlooked or brushed aside, Comrades could use some serious streamlining to its mission and co-op process and the developers should be pressured into optimizing the experience for the users.

User Info: Nei_Vale

Nei_Vale
4 weeks ago#4
LuckyMouse posted...
Nei_Vale posted...
What? No, just no.

This is one object of criticism that should not be overlooked or brushed aside, Comrades could use some serious streamlining to its mission and co-op process and the developers should be pressured into optimizing the experience for the users.

Yes, but as there is no current update to fix load times, as of this post until further notice you'll have to learn to occupy that brief intermission. There is no quick fix to get it to load faster and i'm not trying to get people to just 'deal with it' but you need to learn to do something at the moment instead of just complain about it, I complain about it when i'm in a party with my friends but I also make light jokes about it to deal with it.
Fight or flee, either way you'll die.. So come, wage war against a tyrant.
There needs to be a continuation for Phantasy Star Zero.

KrankyKat
4 weeks ago#5
I'd have to "take a stretch" every 2-5 minutes. That's not going to happen. I also don't own a tablet or smartphone and I'm not going to buy one to occupy myself during constant loading times. ;)

Definitely needs streamlining if they want it to succeed much past the original release "lets check it out" phase - succeed as a MP/keep players playing thing, I mean.

KrankyKat
4 weeks ago#6
On a more positive note, I think the main way to mitigate loading annoying for the moment is to not play the thing for 3-4 hours in a row or whatever, like I would with single-player game. I've been playing it maybe 40-50 minutes a day/session then play or do something else. I'm in no hurry to complete it or learn how to min/max it, so slow progress is ok for me.

User Info: Dire

Dire
4 weeks ago#7
Man, I'm loving every second of Comrades. It's surprisingly well done. So fun, rich and engaging! So satisfyingly complete with endless wonders and possibilities.

Never thought I'd say this, but after beating the main quest line in Comrades, it makes me forgive TaBETA for the lackluster base game. That's right... ALL is forgiven!

Final Fantasy XV has a bright future ahead.

User Info: hungluo1989

hungluo1989
4 weeks ago#8
LuckyMouse posted...
Nei_Vale posted...
What? No, just no.

I actually like the loading times. It makes me do something productive around the house. I can play a game like comrades non stop. So it's good we get breaks like loading times.

User Info: matt091282

matt091282
4 weeks ago#9
hungluo1989 posted...
LuckyMouse posted...
Nei_Vale posted...
What? No, just no.

I actually like the loading times. It makes me do something productive around the house. I can play a game like comrades non stop. So it's good we get breaks like loading times.

My fingers need the breaks after doing the same quests over and over again. lol
PSN ID: mpen91282

User Info: _Dim_

_Dim_
4 weeks ago#10
Dire posted...
Man, I'm loving every second of Comrades. It's surprisingly well done. So fun, rich and engaging! So satisfyingly complete with endless wonders and possibilities.

Never thought I'd say this, but after beating the main quest line in Comrades, it makes me forgive TaBETA for the lackluster base game. That's right... ALL is forgiven!

Final Fantasy XV has a bright future ahead.

the art of trolling mastered.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. So after playing comrades for 40 hours I have learned some things.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived