Have you played FFXV on a 4K TV?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Have you played FFXV on a 4K TV?

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
3 weeks ago#1
would you say you were impressed ?

I played it on Pro but 1080p back at launch and put in 90 hours by December. im gonna restart it soon for all the 3 DLC episodes and the online and the story, and itll be on a 4k,

i wonder if ill be blown away. the game did look amazing back last year though. .
Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII-Remake, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, NiNoKuni2, DragonQuestXI, Final Fantasy XVI

User Info: Dire

Dire
2 weeks ago#2
Last year I bought the FFXV Ultimate Collector's edition, a PS4 Pro and a Samsung 4k HDR TV just to play this damn game. My hype was through the roof and I wanted the best possible experience for the game I waited 10 years for. Gotta say, the visuals were impressive. (Even on launch day, before the "Pro patch.")

Upon beating the game however, a slow burning realization sinked in. The heavily cut and incomplete state was such a tease. So much was left to be desired. This turned out to be the biggest waste of potential in all of video game history... Now I'm eternally pissed!

An undercooked pizza, served up woefully unfinished. Even if you throw fresh new toppings on it a year later, the pizza is stale beyond redemption. When will this shambling corpse that's been whored out and beaten to a bloody pulp, be put of of its misery?

Thanks, TaBETA.

User Info: cescfabregas4

cescfabregas4
2 weeks ago#3
Dire posted...
Last year I bought the FFXV Ultimate Collector's edition, a PS4 Pro and a Samsung 4k HDR TV just to play this damn game. My hype was through the roof and I wanted the best possible experience for the game I waited 10 years for. Gotta say, the visuals were impressive. (Even on launch day, before the "Pro patch.")

Upon beating the game however, a slow burning realization sinked in. The heavily cut and incomplete state was such a tease. So much was left to be desired. This turned out to be the biggest waste of potential in all of video game history... Now I'm eternally pissed!

An undercooked pizza, served up woefully unfinished. Even if you throw fresh new toppings on it a year later, the pizza is stale beyond redemption. When will this shambling corpse that's been whored out and beaten to a bloody pulp, be put of of its misery?

Thanks, TaBETA.

Oh my god.... I feel you man! *sheads a tear*
youtube.com/user/cesc4dff
Tekken 7: Shaheen | PSN: Fadii0102 | Location: Germany

User Info: ajmrowland1

ajmrowland1
2 weeks ago#4
Never let yourself be overhyped for something, especially on that level.

I'm saving up for a 4KTV and a PS4 PRO.
"Hodor"-Hodor

User Info: Hammer_of_Wrath

Hammer_of_Wrath
2 weeks ago#5
Isn't the Pro version only 1440p? That's barely better than 1080p...
Wen the cold wind blows.
41 Sliskes later...

User Info: ajmrowland1

ajmrowland1
2 weeks ago#6
Hammer_of_Wrath posted...
Isn't the Pro version only 1440p? That's barely better than 1080p...

I dunno. Is that enough to sacrifice 60fps?
"Hodor"-Hodor

User Info: Dire

Dire
2 weeks ago#7
cescfabregas4 posted...
Dire posted...

Thanks, TaBETA.

Oh my god.... I feel you man! *sheads a tear*

Thank you. Now TaBETA must pay for his crimes against humanity!

ajmrowland1 posted...
Never let yourself be overhyped for something, especially on that level.

I'm saving up for a 4KTV and a PS4 PRO.

Yeah it’s my fault for taking the hype bait and switch.

Hey, it’s your money. You’re free to spend it however you’d like. After FFXV effectively killing my FF addiction however, I’m pretty much over video games.

TaBETA, Square Enix and Sony are laughing all the way to the bank.

User Info: SammyKneen

SammyKneen
2 weeks ago#8
It runs at 1800p on High Mode on PS4 Pro (not full 4K/2160p) and it's achieved via checkerboarding so you'll get a similar effect whether you're on a 1080p screen or 4K screen.

Sadly the game has horrendous framepacing issues on High Mode so if you're bothered by stuttering it won't be enjoyable.

I stuck to Steady Mode for the most consistent experience.

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
2 weeks ago#9
Dire posted...

Thanks, TaBETA.

well, at least there are 3 DLC episodes, and free cutscenes added with news of more free and paid story content coming in 2018 (guaranteed 100% confirmed). i waited 10-11 years as well, but i think it was still an amazing experience.

(as bad as the separation of kingsglaive from XV was.. it includes the old wall and everything on Nyx, and the glaive along with comrades mode) i think together it is great. i consider it the intro cutscene to XV. by the end of 2018, if this is the amazing game i expected all those years, i will be okay with it, as much as i wanted it all on day 1.
Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII-Remake, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, NiNoKuni2, DragonQuestXI, Final Fantasy XVI
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Have you played FFXV on a 4K TV?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived