Comrades offline worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Comrades offline worth it?

User Info: neepwah

neepwah
3 weeks ago#1
I don't have PS+ because I never play online and I don't want to pay for it just to play this. I know it can be played offline, but I'm wondering if its worth it.

Is the AI decent? Does it up the difficulty a lot with AI comrades?

Basically, is the offline version an afterthought that feels incomplete because you are offline or is it still enjoyable?
When you die my laughter will be so BRIGHT, it will be
the last thing you hear,see, smell and feel. - Dr. Mcninja

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
3 weeks ago#2
Yes.

I don't have PS+, and I don't plan on ever getting it.

I'm progressing just fine with AI. No problems from my personal experience.

neepwah
3 weeks ago#3
meteora88 posted...
Yes.

Thanks, thats what I was hoping but wanted to ask before investing too much time.

User Info: siriustoast

siriustoast
3 weeks ago#4
Yeah. But it's more fun with other people. I hate multi-player games but it's nice to have non AI characters with actual strategy and decent gear helping. Lol.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
3 weeks ago#5
neepwah posted...
meteora88 posted...
Yes.

Thanks, thats what I was hoping but wanted to ask before investing too much time.

No prob.

Have fun ;)

neepwah
3 weeks ago#6
siriustoast posted...
Yeah. But it's more fun with other people. I hate multi-player games but it's nice to have non AI characters with actual strategy and decent gear helping. Lol.

I don't doubt it, but I got a newborn and that makes me not really be able to afford PS+ for one games multiplayer. Also, I don't want to be that dude who has to keep going afk because of the baby. If I end up screwed on a mission by myself, oh well that sucks, but I don't want to spoil other peoples enjoyment.

User Info: siriustoast

siriustoast
3 weeks ago#7
neepwah posted...
siriustoast posted...

I don't doubt it, but I got a newborn and that makes me not really be able to afford PS+ for one games multiplayer. Also, I don't want to be that dude who has to keep going afk because of the baby. If I end up screwed on a mission by myself, oh well that sucks, but I don't want to spoil other peoples enjoyment.

That's fair. It'll still be fun with ai

User Info: flyingmochi

flyingmochi
3 weeks ago#8
siriustoast posted...
neepwah posted...
siriustoast posted...

That's fair. It'll still be fun with ai

I really enjoy playing offline with AI's. I am not very good at the battles yet so I am getting my practice in and the AI's do a good job at supporting and dealing damage. My only con is that I wish we could create our own AI's and take them into battle with us so that way we basically have our own little party. Hopefully they will add that feature in the future updates. *cross fingers*

User Info: OhhSnap

OhhSnap
3 weeks ago#9
It's manageable without ps plus. Very Grindy in general though boring without other people. Been grinding this stupid snake for a crest for 4 hours just holding square the whole battle while watching videos. I've gotten Kenny Crow as an ai a few times. Mostly it's the same ai though, I remember seeing a Janica or something in my party a lot.

User Info: Zenax

Zenax
3 weeks ago#10
The ai doesn't do great damage (though tbf most of the people I've played with online do not either) but they are amazing at support, especially when it comes to healing you if you are downed. I think the main problem is they don't seem capable of triggering the warp chain thing, at least I've never seen them do it. They will contribute to one if the tagged enemy is the only enemy remaining but that doesn't always happen.

Also I left my game on and went shopping/to eat yesterday and came back and when I turned on my PS4 I was in proper offline mode in the game (was curious what would happen if I left the game running and the PS4 went to sleep, figured it might kick me out or something but nope) and I discovered that if you are in offline mode you can actually pause the game, so that will help you too.
https://backloggery.com/zenaxpure
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Comrades offline worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived