few questions about new game plus?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. few questions about new game plus?

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
4 weeks ago#1
how is is it if you are already lvl 99 ?

arent you just one shotting everything until halfway through ?

i know you keep the royal arms in new game plus, do you still get the quests to explore their dungeons or ?
Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII-Remake, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, NiNoKuni2, DragonQuestXI, Final Fantasy XVI

User Info: SignGuy

SignGuy
4 weeks ago#2
Yeah, NG+ is a Curb Stomp. But you can revisit all the dungeons like it’s the first time.

Now that they’ve added multiple hunt option, the final wish I have is an NG+ option where you can choose to keep either your levels or your items/weapons, or buff up the enemies.
Take a breath. Count to ten. Hug a friend.
They're just games, fools.

CRIMSON-XIII
3 weeks ago#3
i would love to keep my weapons but to start at lvl 1 with no abilities.

tbh i think ill restart the game anew, ( i did 80-90 hours last december ) and was thinking NG+ for a second playthrough with the DLC. but id rather just pick the abilities again and not be one shotting.

im gonna do some research to see if there is a way to start a new file but to get the item quick that gives you no lvling up so i could pause lvling up at times through the earlier game.
Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII-Remake, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, NiNoKuni2, DragonQuestXI, Final Fantasy XVI

User Info: Matty0289

Matty0289
3 weeks ago#4
CRIMSON-XIII posted...
im gonna do some research to see if there is a way to start a new file but to get the item quick that gives you no lvling up so i could pause lvling up at times through the earlier game.

It's a DLC that you can download for Free, accessory.

Forget the name of it- but the item is Nixperience Band. Stops your Exp from being Tallied, whenever you sleep. So as long as you or one of the Bro's are holding it (Not sure if they have to be in your party or not, since sometimes you get split up:: Prompto

And once you download the DLC, every single time you start a New Game, you'll start off with it in your inventory.

And it's not even the Season Pass, that you need to get the item.. It's one of the regular Free DLC.
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf

User Info: Shadecraft

Shadecraft
3 weeks ago#5
If you have the season pass you can get the Nixperience Band automatically in your inventory when you start the game.

It's also not too hard to do a quick NG run to get all the Royal arms and other goodies for NG+ with all of the costumes at level 1, but it saves up the experience you didn't cash in, so unfortunately you can't level up naturally in NG+ and have to either stay level 1 or skyrocket to whatever level you'd be after an entire play through.
Everyone look up. See that? That's rock bottom.
We're below it.

CRIMSON-XIII
3 weeks ago#6
Matty0289 posted...
s long as you or one of the Bro's are holding it (Not sure if they have to be in your party or not, since sometimes you get split up:: Prompto

i recall getting this, so even though i start a new game... the items will auto re appear again?

CRIMSON-XIII
3 weeks ago#7
thanks a lot for the responses, yeah ill just do the regular leveling up, but at times ill use that item and pause that. i caught myself just loving the combat before and i spent 10 hours in that first desert somehow (including the beach area) before going to the duscae area. id just walk around and fight. id like to do that again perhaps but with out ruining the duscae area because i was overpowered there. i want to be underpowred there this time to enjoy the magitech fights there

User Info: matt091282

matt091282
3 weeks ago#8
With the hunt capacity being increased to ten, it's going to make leveling up so much faster. It's great whether you are doing NG+ or playing it for the first time.
PSN ID: mpen91282

CRIMSON-XIII
3 weeks ago#9
is there a way to play the chapter 13 2 sections in the same game? did they fix that? or do i have to save as noctis at the start of that, and reload the file when im down with gladio and ignis?

they handled this bit so wrong..

User Info: Matty0289

Matty0289
3 weeks ago#10
Your question confuses me?

Chapters 1-12, you use Noct. Of course.

#1-- After you get to said section of chapter 13 where they all get split up. You pick who you want to use. You choose whether you use Noct or Gladio+Ignis. If you use Noct, you progress as normal on whatever difficulty you chose until they regroup again.
Then continue the game as normal.

#2-- If you choose Gladio, you proceed as him+Ignis, on Easy- until you get to a certain point. Then you switch back to Noct once you're at the part of the chapter they meet back up.
Then continue the game as normal still.
Either option you choose, #1 or #2, the game progresses as normal once everyone gets to the point of the game they meet back up

Or I think you can go to the "Title Screen"- and go to Special" to individually play that section of the game by itself- then I assume it would take you back to the Title Screen once it's complete.
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. few questions about new game plus?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived