Which Final Fantasy should influence Final Fantasy XVI the most?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which Final Fantasy should influence Final Fantasy XVI the most?

User Info: ShiniChan

ShiniChan
3 weeks ago#21
combat - turn based (FFX : classic yet simply perfect) or atb (FFXII: strategic, hard, fun or FFX-2: active, chaotic, preferably with longer battles and higher difficulty / complicated strategy like FFRK). SE don't have any idea how to make an action game

story - FFVI, FFVII, FFIX and FFX did things right. Make COMPLETE omg. actually FFXV is the only one lacking the other is good

characters - I don't actually mind all human is western whatever but just make it have many races like FFXII. add things like ronso, vierra, mogs, cetras, etc etc and this game wouldn't be called racist. make every character have backstories with good qualities which affects their personality or good personality improvement. Actually every mainline FF except FFXV did things right

villains - Kuja and Kefka is good. Stories is important once again

world - FFIX and FFXII is the best, rich and MANY FUN MINIGAMES is important

music - FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX did the best. hard to recommend SNES songs. Some catchy songs like overworld, one winged angel will definitely help. FFX has many of these

graphics - It shouldn't be bad but don't have to be too optimistic. We don't need smart moving grass, trees or lightnings, just to an acceptable level and improve other parts. above tales graphics but below FFXV, maybe around last of us or life is strange standards is okay

User Info: MrIsaac01

MrIsaac01
3 weeks ago#22
Dear FFXVI please go back 10 entries and get inspiration asap from the best ff of all time
TOP 5 FFs:
6 > 10 > 7 > 4 > 9

User Info: creis

creis
3 weeks ago#23
1Tekkaman posted...
VII beyond a doubt. It was the game that brought all the important factors together most effectively. They should take XV as a hard lesson in what not to do.

User Info: BikaPika

BikaPika
3 weeks ago#24
IX VI X
easily the best plots, settings, casts and soundtracks of the series.

User Info: Zardon

Zardon
3 weeks ago#25
1Tekkaman posted...
Zardon posted...
FFIX

XV is bad because it took inspiration from trash VI.

Um, no, XV's issues have little to nothing to do with a superficial resemblance to VI (which, while far from the best in the series, is also far from "trash"). Pretty sure the VI development team didn't deliberately omit most of the story, for one.

FFVI's story is not any better. Not to mention how the plot pretty much goes no where for half the game. It might scratch your specific type of itch, but the plot of VI is predictable and lackluster, often relying on god vision and imagination to relay plot points.

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
3 weeks ago#26
Ffxv tried to be ff9. With references and easter eggs from old games

The should just take influence from something else
Phantasy Star or legend of legaia
"What's the difference, dreams, fantasy , reality, memories, it's all just noise"- Batou

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 weeks ago#27
Zardon posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
Zardon posted...
FFIX

XV is bad because it took inspiration from trash VI.

Um, no, XV's issues have little to nothing to do with a superficial resemblance to VI (which, while far from the best in the series, is also far from "trash"). Pretty sure the VI development team didn't deliberately omit most of the story, for one.

FFVI's story is not any better. Not to mention how the plot pretty much goes no where for half the game. It might scratch your specific type of itch, but the plot of VI is predictable and lackluster, often relying on god vision and imagination to relay plot points.

VI's story is far better. You don't need to tell me about the World of Ruin issues; I've been criticizing that aspect for years. Predictable and lackluster (the latter is an inaccurate description) is still better than what XV gave us in terms of writing.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 weeks ago#28
GTurtlte posted...
Ffxv tried to be ff9. With references and easter eggs from old games

Minus anything about the game play. Or setting. Or story.
bloop

User Info: Emerald_Wyvern

Emerald_Wyvern
3 weeks ago#29
I'd like to see a cross of IX and XII. Story, characters, and setting similar to IX, but with the exploration and sheer depth of gameplay, world, and lore of XII.
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock

User Info: AtomicArtumas

AtomicArtumas
3 weeks ago#30
No XI. Fail poll.

I'm STILL waiting on that actual successor to XI. I mean, I can't really do more than 100% a game.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Which Final Fantasy should influence Final Fantasy XVI the most?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived