Anyone beat the friendly match yet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Anyone beat the friendly match yet?

User Info: happypor100pre

happypor100pre
1 month ago#21
Fotmhero posted...
ok how the f*** do you dodge alterna

I ran away but I still got absorbed into it

You either stop it from casting or you die is what I've concluded after finally beating it.
So you literally have to be on too of Noctis the entire time.
PSN-Goldchampion200
GT-Goldchampion200

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#22
Friendly match my ass.

He’s trying to kill Ignis with Ring magic dammit!

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
1 month ago#23
meteora88 posted...
Friendly match my ass.

Fairly friendly to begin with, but when it looks like he's getting a bit winded, he pulls out the Royal Arms and Armiger, and then when he's even weaker, he uses magic that literally KILLS WHATEVER IT HITS.

Noctis. I thought we were friends.

meteora88
1 month ago#24
Kenneth_Writer posted...
meteora88 posted...
Friendly match my ass.

Fairly friendly to begin with, but when it looks like he's getting a bit winded, he pulls out the Royal Arms and Armiger, and then when he's even weaker, he uses magic that literally KILLS WHATEVER IT HITS.

What a sore loser.

Knows he’s going to lose so he opts to kill the opponent instead.

That’s taking rage quit to a whole new level.

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
1 month ago#25
meteora88 posted...
Kenneth_Writer posted...
meteora88 posted...
Friendly match my ass.

What a sore loser.

He really doesn't want to eat those vegetables.

"On the one hand iggy is my oldest and dearest friend but on the other hand...."
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.

meteora88
1 month ago#26
Pig143 posted...
meteora88 posted...
Kenneth_Writer posted...
meteora88 posted...
Friendly match my ass.

What a sore loser.

He really doesn't want to eat those vegetables.

"On the one hand iggy is my oldest and dearest friend but on the other hand...."

Noctis is a little s*** lol

Pig143
1 month ago#27
ShuyinOnTheWay posted...
https://youtu.be/yRuIxKPamtw

Upped a video if it helps.

For the first half of the battle you can play pretty aggressively, so Noctis hits Stasis every once in a while, other than that Square/Circle for retaliation helps.

The second phase becomes more annoying especially when he starts using spells and what-not. The problem with this is not the damage it may or may not inflict, in fact the problem here is that the retaliation counter heals the damage you last received. Meaning if Noctis hits you for lets say 1,000 damage and you press Square, you might just only heal for like 9 damage instead because of the Spell AoE affecting Ignis. You *can* interrupt it, but you'd have to react fast.

As for the third phase with all the ring magic, try to always close the gap with your Thunder daggers. Don't ever let him finish a cast (Death/Aeterna/etc.) and as the user said above me, abuse Highwind for invincibility if needed (mainly for Armiger).

This guy is good
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.

meteora88
1 month ago#28
Pig143 posted...
ShuyinOnTheWay posted...
https://youtu.be/yRuIxKPamtw

Upped a video if it helps.

For the first half of the battle you can play pretty aggressively, so Noctis hits Stasis every once in a while, other than that Square/Circle for retaliation helps.

The second phase becomes more annoying especially when he starts using spells and what-not. The problem with this is not the damage it may or may not inflict, in fact the problem here is that the retaliation counter heals the damage you last received. Meaning if Noctis hits you for lets say 1,000 damage and you press Square, you might just only heal for like 9 damage instead because of the Spell AoE affecting Ignis. You *can* interrupt it, but you'd have to react fast.

As for the third phase with all the ring magic, try to always close the gap with your Thunder daggers. Don't ever let him finish a cast (Death/Aeterna/etc.) and as the user said above me, abuse Highwind for invincibility if needed (mainly for Armiger).

This guy is good

Agreed.

That was fantastic to watch. It was like watching a movie.

Noctis phasing and the slowing down parts whenever he dodges are nice to watch.

He’s such a little s*** to fight though.

Now we know what enemies feel like whenever he pulls that s***.

Pig143
1 month ago#29
Wasn't too hard after i learned to keep health high so i could keep counter attacking.

User Info: Master_Arbiter4

Master_Arbiter4
1 month ago#30
Ugh, just did.
Used every single item, but I did it.
Side note, has anybody had Gladio HELP NOCTIS!?
I know people have seen Ravus show up for them, but I swear Gladio just helped Noctis towards the end...
* I don't hump the Bible, the Bible humps me
Love the Final Fantasy Series! Trying to YT... I suck, but look me up? youtube.com/callmepeepz
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Anyone beat the friendly match yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived