Any Books likeHeavy Rain?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Heavy Rain
  3. Any Books likeHeavy Rain?

User Info: TearlachG

TearlachG
7 years ago#1
Has anyone ever read any well-written books similar to Heavy Rain? I'm not going to be getting this, but I'd love a story this interesting in a novel. Any ideas?

User Info: Hagen7

Hagen7
7 years ago#2
http://fatawesome.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/goosebumps.jpg
Call me Hagen; it's shorter and less annoying.
Boards frequented: GTA IV, Heavy Rain, B:AA, B:AA2, LA Noire, C-12.

TearlachG
7 years ago#3
lol, actually I meant more along the lines of having different perspectives, not multiple endings...

Hagen7
7 years ago#4
*exhales*

I'm not quite sure. If superheroes are your thing, try the novel Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman.

Each chapter alternates between a guy trying to take over the world, and a woman trying to be a hero.

It's completely a novel, so no comic book panels.

User Info: lokostilll

lokostilll
7 years ago#5
Watch "Seven" If u haven't already. Heavy Rain is inspired by this movie and its one of my most favorite thrillers.

User Info: DevilD2005

DevilD2005
7 years ago#6
Soon I will be Invincible was a great book. Light on plot and some of the character development was meh-ish but... takes place as two perspectives are on a collision course towards eachother, One a new member of a superhero squad, the other, the evil mastermind who is out to conquer the world.

Ps. I was SOOOO rooting for the bad guy! Atleast Corefire got his!

TearlachG
7 years ago#7

I was thinking sort of a mystery novel, that has a film noir feel to it like this game. I don't know, the things this game does right story-wise seem like there could easily be books like this out there. Any ideas?

User Info: Shikamaru100

Shikamaru100
7 years ago#8
I'm not sure about books, but a really good modern film noir movie is Brick.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Verbal Kint
--- PSN: geezuschryste

TearlachG
7 years ago#9
You know I was looking for something with weaving stories like this. Movies in this style are like "Crash" and "Syriana," which have interlocking stories like this game. But well-written mystery books are as hard to find as unique video games, so any tip-offs would be awesome.

Hagen7
7 years ago#10
Well, I can only think of the Choose-Your-Own-Goosebumps books.
  1. Boards
  2. Heavy Rain
  3. Any Books likeHeavy Rain?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived