What they should do to bring back good ol' jim

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Earthworm Jim
  3. What they should do to bring back good ol' jim

User Info: SaccharineSmile

SaccharineSmile
10 years ago#11
I'll help out.

Bump

What are you talking about?
**I'm hiding somewhere on a GAMEFAQs messageboard. Find me and I'll close my account! Topic Title: Oh noes!!!**

User Info: solardestructon

solardestructon
10 years ago#12
Is this game still coming out? I hope so.

SaccharineSmile
10 years ago#13
Doesn't look like it will..... Sad times

**I'm hiding somewhere on a GAMEFAQs messageboard. Find me and I'll close my account! Topic Title: Oh noes!!!**

User Info: MaximusDM

MaximusDM
10 years ago#14
I agree.
I don't think 3D graphics do Earthworm Jim justice. Especially because it is difficult to translate his art style over to 3D.
I think it would completely work figuring they have the art team to completely redo some of the levels and sprites. I don't even think they need to redo the original 2 games. But they can just have you return to some of the levels to relive it in HD.
Then they need to add some puzzle elements here and there. Maybe put some kind of free roam overworld map similar to Crash Bandicoot where you have the overworld and then you jump into levels. And then in the overworld you could purchase weapon upgrades, ammo, maybe health or ability upgrades, purchase in game cut scene clips and music, similar to FFX, not sure what else but I'll bet they could get creative.
It would be great if it had a zelda-esque/castlevania-metroid appeal to it that in certain levels you are going to find a new ability and then you will use that new ability to bring down a boss at the end of the level. Now, this won't be every level. Maybe every 5 levels or so. Then with those new abilities you would be able to go back to previous levels and reach areas otherwise unreachable without the ability. Also on the overworld you would be able to reach new areas of levels with the new abilities.

Some of the abilities I could think of off the top of my head would be:
-Using himself to swing across an area by using himself as a whip to latch onto a point on the ceiling.
The same ability could be used as a melee attack or maybe a grab and slam attack. Opens possibilities to enemies that are only vulnerable to this attack.

-Having himself dig into the ground in a designated spot and pop up to a designated spot to push a button or such.
If there is no designated dig spot, he can use it to maybe move short distances underground before having to auto-retract back. Could be used to find hidden areas, be able to sneak underground and look at what is ahead of you on the map.

The ability to switch guns or gun modes (like Megaman) opens possibilities to an endless amount of abilities.

Anyway, that is all I got and everything I would look for in a true Earthworm Jim sequel that would come out now a days. If it was re-made or re-released, I don't think it would be as deep a game as it needed to be. But doing this would add the depth and building of character to give me incentive to push forward while still maintaining it has a 2D sidescroller.

I don't have an Xbox 360, but I would love to play this on my PS3. :D
I'm also still waiting for my 2D Castlevania console game. SoTN was the best, and they should bring Castlevania back to consoles in 2D. A lot of 2D games look just as amazing now as they did when they first came out. Now just imagine the sprite work of modern day consoles in high definition as well as mixing fancy effects and such all happening on screen at the same time. The limitations are endless.
"Winners don't use drugs."
Those arcade slogans lied to me. I have yet to win.

SaccharineSmile
10 years ago#15
^ whoa

User Info: gametypeplayer

gametypeplayer
10 years ago#16
Maximus DM . . . wow, thats awesome.

and bump. =D
Check out this stuff I made!
http://flamingcow.newgrounds.com/

User Info: Guessjeans

Guessjeans
10 years ago#17
Jim NEEDS to be 2d or Cel Shaded. Jim looks ugly in 3d...like he has downsyndrim.
Currently playing God Hand, EDF 2017, Castlevania SOTN, Virtua Fighter 5, Hokatu No Ken, Classic Roms and EMUs, ALWAYS playing Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

gametypeplayer
10 years ago#18
bump

gametypeplayer
10 years ago#19
Bump, :( looks like it was finally canceled.

User Info: tapion1175

tapion1175
10 years ago#20
:sob: I was looking forward to this. Earthworm Jim Is the Coolest!!!
! is coming
  1. Boards
  2. Earthworm Jim
  3. What they should do to bring back good ol' jim

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived