Kinda stuck (arena)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
3 years ago#21
Yes all the single stat nulls are buyable at this point its just that while the TC can't use the Grail Locket at all on this playthrough had it been a option I gave it to Estelle until the final dungeon opens up.

Anti Confuse/Paralyze helps with the other arena battles.

User Info: kern

kern
3 years ago#22
bopshdaz posted...
So i've played through this game pretty quickly - I haven't bothered with sidequests or grinding, and I think I'm in trouble. I can't beat the arena semifinals (against the bracers). Estelle and Joshua are around level 19, while Olivier and Zane are in their 30's (severe difference). I also find I'm doing much damage to enemies. I've tried to grind with the poms, but I found that it took forever to get my cp to 200 (and only zane/olivier can do area crafts). Is there anything I can do? If not I might watch the ending on youtube or something...

An easy way to break the game is with the Chaos Brand spell; it is 100% effective unless the enemy is immune, which only a few of the bosses are. All of the Bracers in the arena can be confused, making them attack each other and reducing the difficulty a lot. Even Lorence in the Arena can be confused.

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
3 years ago#23
kern posted...
bopshdaz posted...
So i've played through this game pretty quickly - I haven't bothered with sidequests or grinding, and I think I'm in trouble. I can't beat the arena semifinals (against the bracers). Estelle and Joshua are around level 19, while Olivier and Zane are in their 30's (severe difference). I also find I'm doing much damage to enemies. I've tried to grind with the poms, but I found that it took forever to get my cp to 200 (and only zane/olivier can do area crafts). Is there anything I can do? If not I might watch the ending on youtube or something...

An easy way to break the game is with the Chaos Brand spell; it is 100% effective unless the enemy is immune, which only a few of the bosses are. All of the Bracers in the arena can be confused, making them attack each other and reducing the difficulty a lot. Even Lorence in the Arena can be confused.

Oh yeah, forgot about that when now I'm remembering it was a big part of my strategy there.

But keep in mind, it only lasts two rounds so if you want to use it, going to have to dedicate someone to keeping it up. Olivier is good for this since you want him hanging out in the back anyhow where no one can get him or else you'll spend a lot of time healing him.

Another decent strategy is to dedicate Olivier to putting Earth Guard/Wall on Estelle and Joshua. Also, doesn't Zane have a craft that draws attacks to him? He's good for taking damage with his high HPs and defense.

User Info: Erpy

Erpy
3 years ago#24
Yeah, Zane has a taunt-skill that covers the entire field, but not all the bracers are susceptible to it. It's still useful to keep the heat off the others though.

VeghEsther
3 years ago#25
But I still recommend that Joshua and Estelle still hit level 30 before the final dungeon else their practically useless in battle.

As for Taunt unless you can kill all the arena battle enemies in 1 turn I had Zane not last for 1 whole turn after using it even with Joshua and Estelle at level 28 to 30 and Defense + 3 set on Zane.

But you can't use Taunt + Earth Wall on Zane since it will only null 1 attack not 3 hits in 1 turn.

Erpy
3 years ago#26
Zane and not lasting a single turn? The guy's a damage sponge with the highest HP and defense of all the player characters. He doesn't need earth wall. All he needs is his self-buff and he can easily survive a pounding from all enemies on the field. Unless you're playing on nightmare, which I assume you're not.

User Info: kern

kern
3 years ago#27
Vegh buys special copies of these games where even on Easy mode abusing shining poms and money tricks, the enemies still do massive damage and you must abuse Earth Wall and +CP crafts to have any chance.

VeghEsther
3 years ago#28
I had all the arena enemies on a first run with Defense +3 do 300 to 500 per hit or more to Zane with his best armor equipped so even with 2000 max HP he won't last for more then 1 turn and I used is remaining CP after trance on his S craft only.

And in the final battle I had to always keep Earth Wall/Guard intact unless you want to lose over 2500 HP against its best moves.

Erpy
3 years ago#29
Zane already has nearly 2500 hp when he joins you and you can raise his HP further with additional quartz. (I believe he comes with HP2) Also, on normal 500 points of damage an attack is something only Grant can reach. The others' physicals are a lot weaker.

User Info: Guruda

Guruda
3 years ago#30
Again, Vegh seems to have special copies that don't work the same way as anyone elses games do. His seem particularly bad when it comes to HP. He either massively underestimates what the player can reach or he massively overestimates what the enemy can reach.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived