Someone motivate me to continue playing, please. The intro is killing me.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  3. Someone motivate me to continue playing, please. The intro is killing me.

User Info: 578t7645uyb5

578t7645uyb5
3 years ago#1
I really want to like this game, I've heard so many good things about it and it's epic tale.

But the intro is so ridiculously long, with slow battles to boot!

Why?

Why am I 10 hours in with no 3rd party member? Is this even possible? The battles have begun to become so draining, so boring, so repetitive and so LONG. Every animation takes forever to start and finish... And the story hasn't even begun it's just your slice of life, which is nice to a certain degree but I can't handle it.

I've played so many JRPGs ranging from the Shin Megami Tensei series, Final Fantasy series, and Tales series but I have never seen a story take so long to start up and I'm wondering if it's even worth it at this rate.

I'm bored to tears.
Braev Lee D's Fault

User Info: Guruda

Guruda
3 years ago#2
The game has a very long start time but unless you're hunting for all NPC dialogue (which constantly changes) and playing really slowly you should have your first new party member by now, or at least have it be right around the corner. Scherazard will join you once you finish the assignments that were left for you, right as the climax of the Prologue begins.

With that said, Chapter 1 is also a fairly slow one but really important in the grand scheme of things. One of the most popular characters appears in Chapter 1 and the plot is much more focused so if you get to that point and find things more to your liking, great. At that point we tend to say 'play until the Play' (in Chapter 2, you'll know it when you see it) and see how you're feeling then. If you're still not at all sold on the game during Chapter 1 though, it just might not be your kind of game. Nothing wrong with that.

As far as the battles go, things get more interesting when you have more allies and unlock more Arts. Right now you've only got single-targeting attacks for the most part which slows things up. If you got Impede 2 from the repair sidequest, you can unlock Aerial which can help you deal with groups of enemies at once, see if that makes things any more interesting for you.

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
3 years ago#3
it is but if you button mash to skip all text save for BP choices you could be half way through the game by hour 10 since this game only took me 25 hours max to get 100% BP.

User Info: 578t7645uyb5

578t7645uyb5
3 years ago#4
Alright I'll give it another shot then, I'm glad Scherazard joins you because I really like her design.
Braev Lee D's Fault

User Info: helldew

helldew
3 years ago#5
ive said it before and il say it again this is a very slow paced game the game loves its world building building up the setting and slowly building uptowards climaxes with very very fleshed out details and tons of flavor texts and importent text. this game is much more fun to play at a relaxed paced to sit back enjoy it take in the world take in the story and really kinda treat it almost like a novel. its fantatisic if you can kinda let loose i had trouble getting into it at first but after kinda letting it sink in i think my enjoyment increased a ton and i was also bothered by the slowness of fights but one things ive learned is getting used to it its really not to bad
Competitive smash, random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helld3w il follow back :p

User Info: clothbelt

clothbelt
3 years ago#6
Oh, here's another tip. You don't have to, and shouldn't fight every enemy you see. It's perfectly ok to just avoid a lot of them. You'll get some quartz over the course of the game that lets you see enemies from afar to make avoiding them easier, and even a quartz late game that lets you skip random battles altogether. Random battles can be a bit slow, I agree, so if that's not your cup of tea avoid them unless you really need to grind up for a boss.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
3 years ago#7
I'm going to disagree with clothbelt. It's optimal to fight every enemy you see once and skip them thereafter. If you don't, then you don't have any grasp on your leveling and have to employ guesswork and, possibly, grinding.
Help me: sign this petition topic to remove the roleplaying game board split!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/69206255

User Info: clothbelt

clothbelt
3 years ago#8
Let me clarify what I mean - If an area has say, 20 sheep-things running around (like in Chapter 3) you certainly shouldn't feel compelled to fight all of them. Fighting each type of enemy once is a good idea though because it does get added to your bestiary.

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
3 years ago#9
However you can't get a 100% monster list AND 100% BP at the same time at least 2 enemies late game can never be fought and added to the bestiary to get 100% BP.

So if anything fight those enemies on a first run and get the 100% BP while transferring over everything on a 2nd run of the game for the 100% BP run.

As for grinding only shining poms are worth it since once those poms start to give out pathetic exp so will everything else but the shining poms are worth the highest sephith count so I would still farm them once they only give out 1 to 100 exp per kill.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
3 years ago#10
The wide open area in Tratt Plains? Alright, alright, the wildlife there is a bit overpopulated such that skipping around is harmless. My rule is applicable mostly anywhere else.
Help me: sign this petition topic to remove the roleplaying game board split!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/69206255
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  3. Someone motivate me to continue playing, please. The intro is killing me.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived