Is the game that big?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: justaplayer01

justaplayer01
3 years ago#1
I have been reading in some sites, and they say that the First Chapter was giving troubles for PSP to Xseed.

Now, what i mean is, the max capacity of the PSP is 1.60 GB, and they had to put it in a Dual layered disc..Why so big?

And now the Second Chapter for PSP (YAY) is coming in the end of 2014.

I hope that the Second Chapter don't show this kind of problems,like, they aren't putting First and Second Chapters in one Disc.

I believe that the PSP is capable to handle Persona 3 Portable like the Journey, in a PS2 way...Only the Journey, not Aigis' Story.
Square Enix is dead now.... Square soft and Rareware FOREVER.

User Info: SocialNeku

SocialNeku
3 years ago#2
Trails FC is "heavy" in disk space as Falcom hadn't gotten the hand of compressing effectively from PC to PSP by then iirc. (Same reason as to why at release date, SC was on 2 disks, thankfully it now has a PSN ver).

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
3 years ago#3
But at least Falcom fixed it after SC where the other games from Kiseki the 3rd to Sen are bigger in GB space but only use 1 UMD (or PSP Vita cart in the case of Sen) to play it.

However due note Japan released HD Kai versions of FC to the 3rd and SC Kai though its on 1 DVD disc still says disc 1 or disc 2 for the PS3 version of the game when you go to play it on the PS3.

So its only the PSP version of SC that had to be 2 UMD's long and you will still have to do a disc change for the PSN version of SC at least.

User Info: Guruda

Guruda
3 years ago#4
I have been reading in some sites, and they say that the First Chapter was giving troubles for PSP to Xseed.

Now, what i mean is, the max capacity of the PSP is 1.60 GB, and they had to put it in a Dual layered disc..Why so big?

As noted, the game was ported from the PC to PSP and required a good deal of space (though FC doesn't use up all of that 1.8 gigs) and SC had to be split between discs because they couldn't fit all of the game onto one. It's actually the graphics that take up most of that space, especially in SC where they do almost everything with the in-game engine including a fair bit of crazy airship combat with lots of associated sprite data.

The real issue for XSEED however was the fact that the script is ginormous. At 1.5 million characters untranslated it's as big as any two Final Fantasy games you could name combined. Every game after that is even bigger.

I hope that the Second Chapter don't show this kind of problems,like, they aren't putting First and Second Chapters in one Disc.

Oh no, that's never going to happen. Anyhow, it's not the size on disk but the script size that's the issue. Oh, and FC on Steam had technical issues that bogged down the release that was anticipated to have happened months ago, having to do with the game being ten years old and not playing nice with Steam. They've also used that time to add all the extra goodies from the PSP version to the PC one, which is awesome. Also, now that the technical gremlins have been dealt with, they shouldn't have to worry about them for SC.

User Info: justaplayer01

justaplayer01
3 years ago#5
Well, looking how XSEED had problems with SC, looks like is going to be a great sequel. I think.
Square Enix is dead now.... Square soft and Rareware FOREVER.

User Info: helldew

helldew
3 years ago#6
Xseed takes long but they do it right and yeah SC is supposed to be fantastic from both Japanese reception people here who have played it already in Japanese and after what FC built up to i can hardly see how SC would be bad.
Competitive smash, random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helld3w il follow back :p

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived