Gray Knight, Magic, and Combos

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castle Crashers
  3. Gray Knight, Magic, and Combos

User Info: thunderbone

thunderbone
4 years ago#1

I just leveled-up my gray knight's magic ability to...I think it's the fourth tier. Anyway, I got a message saying "New magic unlocked! Press X, X, Y." I could understand that being a new combo unlocked when leveling up, but this...hm. I've long-since unlocked the X,X,Y combo attack; I just don't get this thing. If it'll help to know where I'm at, here's what I've got for magic now:

CANNON BALL: RT+B

HAILING ARROWS: RT+Y

DROP CANNON BALL FROM AIR: RT+Y (in air)

From there, all I can say is, "pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt."

User Info: BareknuckleRoo

BareknuckleRoo
4 years ago#2
What you probably saw was the magic combo unlocked (X, X, X, Y).

http://castlecrashers.wikia.com/wiki/Combo

When your magic is high enough and your level is high enough, you can do a magic combo (X, X, X, Y) where the heavy hit adds a magic effect (in this case I think it's a guaranteed critical). You can add an extra Y hit where you dive forward afterwards when you learn the X, X, X, Y, Y combo.

The magic you can use via the RT is + Y (splash, midair changes to diagonal for most), + B (forward projectile both on ground and midair) and + A (magic jump).
  1. Boards
  2. Castle Crashers
  3. Gray Knight, Magic, and Combos

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived