Were the two DS Nanostray games were a spiritual successor to the GBA's Iridion?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nanostray 2
  3. Were the two DS Nanostray games were a spiritual successor to the GBA's Iridion?

User Info: slk_23

slk_23
6 years ago#1
I remember hearing that both series on their respective systems were rather impressive in the graphics department, but quite lacking everywhere else. Both series had two games each. Iridion appeared on the GBA, whereas Nanostray was for the DS. Spiritual successor in that sense or not?

User Info: Ace_Killjoy

Ace_Killjoy
6 years ago#2
Holy cow! Almost a year without any activity!

But I digress...
I think you could say that the Nanostray series was kind of a spiritual successor to the Iridion series. Both were somewhat similar in enemy design and certain other elements.

I wouldn't generalize and say that they were all lacking in departments other than graphics. The Nanostray games were a big improvement over the Iridion games (which weren't bad, mind you. There was just a little less to them). Nanostray 2 is probably the best one so far. IMHO, all the games were pretty good in the music department as well, but I kind of miss the charm of the Iridion music.

Anyway, yeah. I think it's ok to say that Nanostray is sort of a spiritual successor to Iridion. But I would go around labeling it as such.

Someone more versed in shmups might want to correct me on this, if anyone else even checks this board anymore. :/
(I wouldn't put it past the guys at Shinen, though.)
If you want another opinion, you could try asking on the Shmup Board, seeing as this one is kind of dead.
"Praise be to the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle." ~ Psalm 144:1
  1. Boards
  2. Nanostray 2
  3. Were the two DS Nanostray games were a spiritual successor to the GBA's Iridion?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived