Morrowind PC Game with Xbox 360 Controller

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Spudkitty

Spudkitty
8 years ago#1

I have Morrowind GOTY for the PC andWindows Vista 32 bit. I would like touse my X360 controller and have download the driver from Microsoft which connects the X360 controller to the PC. But I can't get Morrowind to recognize the controller. I have read that people have been able to play the PC version with an X360 controller, so I am wondering why mine isn't working.

Any ideas? I would appreciate some help from knowledgeable gamers!

User Info: Dash275

Dash275
8 years ago#2
Morrowind isn't really built for Joysticks. Use Xpadder to map keyboard keys to your Controller's buttons, and you should be able to play fairly decently with a controller.
Whom shall posses my dollars? - LesGonzesses
Join me in the quest to correctly revive the word "Whom!"

User Info: blueRats

blueRats
8 years ago#3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjHcN4syBoI

^ this video shows you how to use Xpadder. I'm pretty sure it has a link in the description to download xpadder. I use it to play morrowind, among other games for PC. Works like a charm.
Let's not and say we did.

User Info: OnceUponAB10nd3

OnceUponAB10nd3
8 years ago#4
Thanks for that blueRats. Will definitely give it a try once I get the green light from my bro (it's his comp >_>)
Styg
[...]you have to put your faith in a man first, before you put your faith in God. -- Keiu

User Info: SLay

SLay
8 years ago#5
I used xpadder and the game is playin great. Hope you get it working.

Miami Hurricanes.

User Info: Likecherrycola

Likecherrycola
8 years ago#6
You need a plug and play USB device, or a wired controller. The charging station does not count as a wired controller, sadly.=/
God Bless LeftoverisGod-King of WCT Discoverer of the Enchanted Meadow
Grammar ain't my first language~FredCat07

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived